Roaches

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Birdfly,

This is out of control!

I wholeheartedly agree that there is a time and a place when larger prey items are not acceptable. For example, I would not feed an adult Blaptica dubia to a Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii. I just don't see a problem feeding adult Blaptica dubia to adult female Tenodera sinensis. That's all I am saying here. An adult house cricket is more of a danger to an adult female T. sinensis.

And no, I really don't care what you feed your mantids. That's all up to you. My whole point is that is that your suggestion to someone else that an adult B. dubia was a risk to an adult female T. sinensis is what I questioned. There are lots of people out there feeding adult B. dubia to mantids less capable than an adult female T. sinensis. B. dubia is a relatively harmless roach to invertebrates of appropriate size.

I would never leave live food of any type in with a mantis that was about to molt or that was molting.

S-

ASA:

you have wide arms and shields right?

i would say lobster roaches.

but:

there are some american roach spieces, which grow 3 cm and breed harder than any other sp.

going to look up their names for ya :)

EDIT: one of em is euryotis floridiana

get them here

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again, idolo. I was gonna spring for the lobsters, because of there size and because they can climb the insides of the enclosure instead of burrowing down into the substrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts