Sally's mantis thread start 05/13

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7/16/20013 Mated the Stagmomantis brown girl and my little brown male a few days ago. They connected for around 8 hours. Still waiting on an ooth from momma to be Blepharopsis m. my green stagmo female wasn't ready to mate yet so I removed my male fast lol. The first of the female Orchids molted to adult successfully, Yay!! The T sinensis girls need some males so I am bringing them outside a lot hoping for some males to show up. I think it is way to early, but still worth a try :) Sweeny, my little old golden male Rhombodera stalli lost his back feet. He is still eating and moving around a lot, but I think his time is getting near....

07/18/20013 I couldn't figure out why my B mendica mated female wasn't laying oothecae....... lol she was just great at hiding them, found 4, Yay!! She is very temperamental, heavy on the mental part :) The griffins are getting big. I love the blue eyes on this boy. The Green Stagmo cal girl mated today, hoping for the safety of my cute little male :)

My brown stagmomantis californica wanted to mate again.....now I will never get to sleep. She is the really agressive one who displays and nips me everytime I handle her. I don't want her to eat my cute little male so I will prob be up all night now worrying lol. How different the green female is. She never displays and never bites or pinches.

Last edited by a moderator:
7/30/2013 Remated the green Stagmo cali girl (the sweet one) Snow white the Orchid mantis molted to adult, Creos now L3, Taumantis L3 , H bipapilla male (I think) Sweeny old man still kicking :) My other Orchid girl is pretty green... The deadleafs are getting big also I will take pics of them next time :)

my unmated cali gal seems very mentally unstable

maybe shes still too young
Maybe she is like my brown female, she is the most unstable, mean little thing lol. I still give her honey, and she eats it displaying the whole time :)

07/31/2013 Received Theopropus elegans female and Hymenopus coronatus male today! T elegans mating successful (only 40 minutes though)

August 1, 2013 Butterworm day! It is a Deadleaf block party. Almost everyone loves worms.... Not the Orchids or B mendicas though... My male griffin molted to adult. Look at those loooong antennae, and pretty wings. Cute little Orchid male<3

I need to start finding other foods for my Ghosts and Chinese Mantis to eat. I feel like they're getting a little burnt out on the fruit flies (probably not though). They're so cute cradling and noming on their Butterworms.

8/9/2013 All the griffins have molted to adult. They are a mix of gray and dusty purple camo One of the newly hatched B mendicas molted to L2 The Orchids won't cooperate with mating lol .

August 12, 2013 update.... All the griffins are adult now. I just can't get over the antennae on my male :) The Blephs have turned L2 and are looking more like their elders... The H bipapilla female is growing great. The male is waiting patiently for her to grow up :) The taus are getting big too. The girls love, love, love the Orchid female. She really needs to start mating now...

Latest posts