Sam meets Elvis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Had my two box turtles outside for some sun today and I let them meet each other for the first time. Obviously they are male and female. Elvis is the boy and he is the colorful one. He obviously liked Sam but I did not allow them to actually mate as she is still a bit too young.

animals759.jpg

animals769.jpg

animals772.jpg

animals777.jpg

Looks like an eastern male and a 3 toed female to me .Might make some really nice crosses .I would like to see a closer pic of the females shell and her head.

How old is she ? You know a female box can breed and wait to lay the eggs up to 4 tears later.If I am correct on the breeds than breeding does not always take

but I have had some success in crosses when I still had my eastern and ornates.

jim o.

Looks like an eastern male and a 3 toed female to me .Might make some really nice crosses .I would like to see a closer pic of the females shell and her head.How old is she ? You know a female box can breed and wait to lay the eggs up to 4 tears later.If I am correct on the breeds than breeding does not always take

but I have had some success in crosses when I still had my eastern and ornates.

jim o.
Yes she is a 3 toed. Not quite of age yet for breeding. I have had her for about four years. Got her when she was just a hatchling. I have been keeping box turtles for years now.

Latest posts