Scotch Tape

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
Do you think the chemicals on the sticky side of scotch tape would be any harm to nymphs. In a pinch, I'm using a few bits of tape inside the enclosure - sticky side againest the ceiling (not exposed to nymph feet. Anybody used scotch tape now or in the past??

Thanks!

I avoid tape. They always seem to get caught in it somehow.

Normal wear and tear from frass, insect parts, and misting, can eventually cause a part of the tape to lift. That is when it can get dangerous. I would worry more about a nymph getting stuck then I would about what the tape has on the sticky side.

I use low temperature glue to seal holes and hold furnishings in place. With a little pressure, the glue will probably pop right off without leaving a sticky residue that is hard to remove.

With one of the first creos that I had, one of the nymphs got stuck on the tape that was used to hold all the containers together. It was almost as if it was looking to get stuck.

Thanks all. This is a temporary use for a day or two. They're not at all exposed to the sticky side. I was only concerned about any potential toxins in the tape leeching into the air.

When I feel tape is the best way to go for a small fix I use duct tape(mans best friend :lol: ) it's much more water resistant and lasts many times longer if needed, of coarse hot glue gets the nod for a long term fix.

Latest posts