Set-up photos?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering what eveyones set-upes were like, simple? elaborate?.. and the best way to show is by pictures :wink:

So please all post photos of your various set-upes, including nymph housing here.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing some pics!

I use deli cups for nymphs and small mantids. The small aquariums are sectioned for small mantids and the larger tanks are for the larger mantids. The net cage at the right has a bunch of nymphs in it. The rubbermaid tub at the left houses crickets and I keep house and fruit flies in deli cups.

Misc223.jpg

Misc224.jpg

animals411.jpg

thats his feeding hole i've seen it mentioned before you can justtake the sponge out pop a few flies in and put the sponge back in

rick is that moss in the bottom of the cups?

hey rick, what's the purpose of the hole on the side with the sponge?
Mantids spend most of their time on the lid. So you use the hole for feeding and misting. Much easier than removing the lid everytime. A foam plug is inserted in the hold. I use the plugs that are made for fruit fly vials. That is spaghum moss in the bottom. Works best.

i use the orchid moss. it looks pretty much like dirt.how do you put the fruitflies in on the side?
With a funnel.

no he uses a real plastic funnel you can see it in the second to the bottom shelf on the right side of the first pic

also rick do you have crickets in last pics bottom container the one with the egg cartons or are they roaches?

It's a plastic funnel that you can see in the pic. Crickets are in the tub. I am not allowed to have roaches :D

mantids092.jpg