Set-up photos?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used this glossy type of foam board. It is two piece of glossy poster board with styrafoam in-between them. It was sold that way and the water doesn't effect it much at all. Still everything is working great.
Do your mantises climb up the glossy stuff well?

I used this glossy type of foam board. It is two piece of glossy poster board with styrafoam in-between them. It was sold that way and the water doesn't effect it much at all. Still everything is working great.
Do your mantises climb up the glossy stuff well?
They climb on it sometimes but they mostly stay on the stick of ground or even the top of the container. When it is feeding time they will get on it to chase things. I should probably put a little piece of paper towel attached to it so they could climb but they seem perfetly fine as of now.

Here is my enclosure, currently waiting for an ooth! Working on fruit fly culture (seen on top of enclosure)

mantidenclosure.jpg

mantidenclosure2.jpg

mantidenclosure3.jpg

That's HUGE!! How many gallons is it and how much did it cost?

You should add more plants and try what Rick is trying. He just put mantises in a large container and let them be.

It costed me roughly $50US for the tank, and another $25US for the lid. The holes in the lid were way too big for hatching ooths so I used white glue to put a peice of fine mesh (I think it might be TOO fine, because i am having trouble misting the tank :p ) inside of it. The lid seems to be warped (they're not meant to be air tight around the outside) so I put some weather stripping foam tape around the outside to prevent any nymphs or fruitflys escaping.

More to come! Once I get my ooth and fruit fly culture actually started. (For some reason, the one time I actually NEED fruit flies I cant seem to get any! lol)

well heres what I have so far:

This lot are in my bedroom (missus doesnt seem to mind yet :D )

MantisRoom.jpg

This tank is for my deafleaf mantis, they should be going in it tomorrow!

MantisTank1.jpg

MantisTank2.jpg

pretty huge tank this but should be a bit of an adventure for them, and hopefully big enough to stop them eating each other!

Do any one here know who to purchase the Fish tank dividers off of? The material is acrylic with lots of tiny holes. I have contacted Penn Plax and they only sell the tank size, I need the 4' x 8' sheets? :eek:

Do any one here know who to purchase the Fish tank dividers off of? The material is acrylic with lots of tiny holes. I have contacted Penn Plax and they only sell the tank size, I need the 4' x 8' sheets? :eek:
I make my own from sheets of plexiglass that I get at a hardware store.

I buy the sheets from my supplier, the hardware must be expensive, but thanks anyways, we are in the glass business for 20 years, it seems like a lifetime, and to some it is. Anyway a 4' x 8' sheet is probable about $ 175.00. That is with tax and shipping. I just do not know if I have the time to drill all those holes..... :roll: :lol: