So who on here is keeping Parymenopus davisoni ?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorcham427

Reaction score
They've been sold here and there lately.. Any people on here care to share some info. a long with pix?

I have one. I was sent 10 L1's. 4 out of 10 were alive, upon arrival. Three were to weak, and died soon after. I think it's a female. It's now L2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one. I was sent 10 L1's. 4 out of 10 were alive, upon arrival. Three were to weak, and died soon after. I thinks it's a female. It's now L2.
Sorry to hear that. Are you the only person with one?

not in the US as this species is very rare and hard to breed ;)
Really? How can you say what someone else doesn't have? Especially in such a broad and diverse area as the entire US?

Sorry if that comes across as harsh, but I paused when I read that you were able to speak for an entire population.

Really? How can you say what someone else doesn't have? Especially in such a broad and diverse area as the entire US?

Sorry if that comes across as harsh, but I paused when I read that you were able to speak for an entire population.
Just speaken from experience with this species. It goes in and out of culture every couple of years. I thought no one bought but I was wrong.

Just speaken from experience with this species. It goes in and out of culture every couple of years. I thought no one bought but I was wrong.
Sure, every species goes in-out of culture, and I suppose it is understandable if it's a species you've kept close tabs on. But even if its a species you have direct experience with, it's one thing to say "I don't know anyone raising this species" (what I'm sure you meant) versus "Nobody in the U.S. raises this species." The latter would be presumptuous and I doubt anybody can say what doesn't exist in the entirety of the U.S.

As I said I was wrong. I will now edit my post. I only said this because I keep a close eye on this species. I can't thing of anyone of the top of my head that has kept this for more than one gen.

*nod* No worries Gripen, again sorry if I came across as harsh.

I think this is a good lesson to learn, I have seen senior engineers make similar claims ("Nobody else has this...") who later get professionally embarrassed for making such a claim. Much better to learn this the hard way on an internet forum than in front of peers, eh? :)

No problem. On another note I want your gongys! Unfortunatly that is another species going out of culture.

Latest posts