Something AMAZING has happened...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Precarious

Reaction score
Friday I was contacted by my management requesting a master copy of one of my videos. It had been licensed by Bjork to accompany her performances in NYC starting last night at Carnegie Hall.

I know, it sounds ridiculous. Like maybe I went off the deep end and I'm imagining things...

But here is the video:

And here is a photo from last night's performance:

bjork21.jpg

Check the video about 03:15 in and you'll see what I mean.

The photo accompanied this article in the NYPost:

http://nypost.com/2015/03/07/bjork-amazes-at-carnegie-hall/

So it's for real. It would seem Bjork chose my video to represent her rebirth after the break up of her 13-year relationship. I couldn't be more touched. I truly respect Bjork as an artist and have enjoyed her work since her first release with the Sugar Cubes so it's very meaningful to me.

Anyway, I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here who encouraged me over the years and supported my video/photography obsession.

Thank you!

Wow let me be the first to say congratulations man good work. Your insect videos are the best on YouTube, I've seen all the mantis ones and been a subscriber on your channel for a while. Keep up the good work.

Wow... wonderful... so happy for you... What an accomplishment! I just love your video's... I can watch them over and over... congrats!

WoOoooOOoooOOooHooOOOooOOoooOOooOoo!!!
Wow let me be the first to say congratulations man good work. Your insect videos are the best on YouTube, I've seen all the mantis ones and been a subscriber on your channel for a while. Keep up the good work.
This is soooo awesome! Congrats!
Thanks, everyone!

Congrats, interesting use for a molting video. :D
I couldn't think of a better representation of transformation/rebirth. They're so pure and fresh after molt. But it's pretty brave for something that will get mainstream exposure to use something so alien and creepy. Then again, we are talking about Bjork. She has no fear. That makes it even more beautiful to me.

Here's something else crazy you can believe or not. Wednesday morning I woke from a dream in which I was writing a monologue for a roast. I remembered most of it when I woke up so wrote it down. In the monologue the only person I mention by name is Bjork. I haven't thought of her in years. Then two days later this happens. My brain almost melted when I read the email from management.

All I can say is the universe is stranger than you think...

Wow man! that is awesome! huge congratulations to you! (and the video is pretty awesome too (as usual :D ))
Haha congrats bro thats awesome!
Wow... wonderful... so happy for you... What an accomplishment! I just love your video's... I can watch them over and over... congrats!
That is terrific, Precarious! Congratulations!!
Congrats. Keep doing what you love and the accolades will follow. Bjork's a freak, but in a good way, and I love her music.
Congrats! The spider is still super creepy though T.T
Thanks, everyone!

I couldn't think of a better representation of transformation/rebirth. They're so pure and fresh after molt. But it's pretty brave for something that will get mainstream exposure to use something so alien and creepy. Then again, we are talking about Bjork. She has no fear. That makes it even more beautiful to me.

Here's something else crazy you can believe or not. Wednesday morning I woke from a dream in which I was writing a monologue for a roast. I remembered most of it when I woke up so wrote it down. In the monologue the only person I mention by name is Bjork. I haven't thought of her in years. Then two days later this happens. My brain almost melted when I read the email from management.

All I can say is the universe is stranger than you think...
I would agree, she would be really hard-pressed to find something else that would show the whole transformation and rebirth than a molt. Of course with your video quality she found the perfect source.
thumbs-up2.gif

Perhaps that is one of the reasons the video was chosen as it would be creepy to the mainstream - as you said it is Bjork.

That is odd, a premonition maybe? Congratulations though as it must be really something to have your video used like that, and everyone gets to see your tailless whipspider too. Truly a awesome experience.

I did some digging and found a clip of the song using your video, I imagine there will be better ones soon. It is shown just before 2:00 in the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1moLbaGDHcY

Congratulations!! I must say I'm not surprised, your footage is breathtaking and beyond any quality I've seen on National Geographic, BBC, etc. You may be a humble guy but I doubt there's a person on this forum that doubted your skills and eye for the beauty of nature

Ditto... we all love your video's so happy you share them with us...

Congratulations!! I must say I'm not surprised, your footage is breathtaking and beyond any quality I've seen on National Geographic, BBC, etc. You may be a humble guy but I doubt there's a person on this forum that doubted your skills and eye for the beauty of nature
Wow, thanks. That means a lot to me. Sometimes I worry that when I post something like this it will seem like I'm bragging and I don't intend it like that. I'm just excited and want to share something special.

Congrats man. Nicely done !
Ditto... we all love your video's so happy you share them with us...
Thank you!

I would agree, she would be really hard-pressed to find something else that would show the whole transformation and rebirth than a molt. Of course with your video quality she found the perfect source.
thumbs-up2.gif

Perhaps that is one of the reasons the video was chosen as it would be creepy to the mainstream - as you said it is Bjork.

That is odd, a premonition maybe? Congratulations though as it must be really something to have your video used like that, and everyone gets to see your tailless whipspider too. Truly a awesome experience.

I did some digging and found a clip of the song using your video, I imagine there will be better ones soon. It is shown just before 2:00 in the video below
Cool! Thanks!

I found this one too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78fsFh-5tEk

Anyone know what song that is? The first part of the clip?

Latest posts