Something AMAZING has happened...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm sharing...

Here is the segment the BBC consulted with me on. They knew they wanted to feature a hatch but needed advice on how to catch it on video, and help deciding what species to feature. They ended up going with my suggestion. I actually made my mantis hatch video to push them towards this species. It worked!

The series is called Life Story and the mantid segment is in the first episode. It's not yet released in the US so I don't know how long before this video is taken down. Now is your chance to get a sneak peak! ;)

They did a fantastic job, of course!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyZMGeLX5pQ

Let's try this:

http://s104.photobucket.com/user/precarious333/media/blogs/TEMP/Orchid%20Mantis.mp4.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That was fast. Oh well. I tried. Anyone have suggestions on other methods of sharing the clip?

Wow! That was fast. Oh well. I tried. Anyone have suggestions on other methods of sharing the clip?
Looks like you got it working, the link shows the video. ;)

Crazy setup of the hatching, climbing, scaring off the jumping spider, then the finale. :D

That was really cool.. I am so happy for you... I am sure, it is nice to know people appreciate the things you are doing... Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Carnegie Hall. Hmmmph !! Not good enough for the Master Precarious.

Can't think of anyone more deserving for such recognition, Henry. Your work is endlessly astonishing.

Sincerest congratulations!

That was really cool.. I am so happy for you... I am sure, it is nice to know people appreciate the things you are doing... Congrats!
Thanks! It really is nice to know something I'm passionate about is appreciated.

Carnegie Hall. Hmmmph !! Not good enough for the Master Precarious.

Can't think of anyone more deserving for such recognition, Henry. Your work is endlessly astonishing.

Sincerest congratulations!
Ha-ha! You'll have to forgive me, Digger. Carnegie Hall will have to do for my first venue! :D I promise to do better in the future.

Some other interesting opportunities brewing. I hope to have more to share soon.

Yay!!! Now YOU are the celebrity! So happy your fantastic videos are being recognized. Congratulations :)
Ha-ha! I don't think that qualifies me for the paparazzi but I'll gladly take the recognition. Thanks Sally.

Congrats! What an epic collaboration between artists. =3
Thanks! I see Bjork as a true artist which makes it all that much sweeter.

That's really awesome! Wouldn't expect them to use that but it fits so well! Congrats!
Thanks! It's alien and creepy, yet delicate and beautiful. I guess that's why it fits.

Here is something crazy to consider. Without these bugs pushing me I never would have bought a camcorder, never bought a still camera. I wouldn't have any of these opportunities now coming my way. I only got into video and photography to document the mantids I bought in 2010. I just think it's crazy where that has led me since. Sure, I put a lot of time and energy into it but if these bugs weren't so darn cool I wouldn't have taken the trouble to learn.

Thanks, bugs!

That is awesome! Who would have thunk?... Bugs could change your life, for the good!

That is awesome! Who would have thunk?... Bugs could change your life, for the good!
Seriously, they've basically given me a potential career. I think I'm about to be hired by a very large company to produce content for their educational programming. More details later, I hope. ;)

"I See Who You Are"

I see who you are
Behind the skin
And the muscles

I see who you are, now
And when you get older later

I will see the same girl
The same soul
Lioness, fireheart
Passionate lover

And afterwards
Later this century
When you and I have become corpses

Let's celebrate now all this flesh on our bones
Let me push you up against me tightly
And enjoy every bit of you

I see who you are​

I know you've done some very amazing things with your photography. I wonder what's next.

I know you've done some very amazing things with your photography. I wonder what's next.
Thanks, Orin. I have a meeting with one of the biggest corporations on the planet a week from today. I think that may have something to do with where I go from here. I'm anxious to find out!

yes, please keep us updated... shoot.. I should have had you sign my nymphs, I ordered... so I have proof that I knew you before you got famous...

Latest posts