Sporeworld's Enclosures (Circa 2009)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sporeworld

Reaction score
Hola, all!

I thought I may be suffering from some credibility issues, so maybe a few pics will help. I read the forums greddily for about a year before trying to act like I knew anything... :)

(BTW, is there a better way to post pics...?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's where I am now - not much different. Screen cages with track lights above. Reptifogger on the side for humditiy. Temp readins at their highest are about 110 degrees (under a 65watt flood light). About 90 degrees exactly over most of the screen tops.

Iphone 2-2010 044.JPG

Here are some early experiments with viewing and humidity control (mostly for Orchids)...

Iphone 2-2010 046.JPG

Here's what I call the "Running Room" for my Gongy's. A little more space to move and not as cluttered - they went in here when they were almost adults.

iphone 4g backup 9-28-2010 063.JPG

Very nice, and very creative!

(BTW, is there a better way to post pics...?)
There is an easier way, but you have to use an outside photo storage site like Photobucket, Flickr, or the like. In the text window, there is an icon to the right of the smileys that looks like a picture. If you upload to an of those sites, they give you a URL for the picture and you copy and paste that into the text box that appears when you click that little picture icon. That way it appears in your post without having the thumbnails and such. Make sense? (I suck at explaining things sometimes.....)

Pretty awesome, man!

Are you some sort of CPA or something? That's a LOT of file cabinets! :blink:

Seriously, though...I hope to have the money to get setup like that someday. Maybe once I can kick all these teenagers to the curb! :wacko:

-Carey Kurtz-

Here's where I am now - not much different. Screen cages with track lights above. Reptifogger on the side for humditiy. Temp readins at their highest are about 110 degrees (under a 65watt flood light). About 90 degrees exactly over most of the screen tops.
You are just too modest, those are pretty cool Enclosures and the fact that they're on filing cabinets makes them seem Even more organized. :)

I wish I had that much space! I like enclosures big enough to put a real plant in. My manids love when I let them out all day on a plant.

And that's a nice group of Idolos you've got! I see one molting in the back.

(big smile). Yeah! Big drama when they molt. We all come over and watch...

But I think I have it too hot in my cages for plants. I can't seem to keep them hydrated properly. They're all artifical now.

Latest posts