Stink Bugs?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShieldMantid1997

Reaction score
Hello, as i walk around my house i notice stink bugs everywhere and my brother said to me, " how bout you get rid of these by giving em' to your mantis?" So I was wondering, is their smelly gas or liquid it releases when scared toxic to a praying mantis? :nuke: If its not then i know where i will always have food available! :lol:

I've used them. Never noticed a mantis bothered by them. You can at least try, no harm in that.

I just offered a green stink bug to a hungry adult female Creo and even though she really wanted it, she couldn't keep a grip on it. When she had it gripped she bit it everywhere she could, even the head, and she never disabled it enough that it died or didn't slip out of her claws. She gave up after a couple of hours and I tossed the (apparently unhurt) stink bug outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a small green one today. I fed it to my thistle and he gobbled it up, though it did look difficult to get a grip on with it being wide and flat.. He basically held it down to the floor.

My mantis outside seems to like them, I've given her 3 so far, and she seems to be fine! My question is, how many should I give her? I don't want to overfeed her, I understand they will keep eating, and of course, I don't know what she's caught on her own. Any advice?

She will stop eating when she is full. Stink bugs are a small meal for a mantis so don't worry.

Latest posts