substrate

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebrakacinese

Reaction score
I was at my local wal-mart and came across spanish moss in the floral department.On the bag said 100percent natural.I was just wondering if any one has used this in the past;how it worked,held moisture,safe for mantids as it states 100percent natural.Any feedback would be apprciated

She nailed it. Or, if you ultra simple go with a layer of paper towels. I did the moss thing for many years before I finally switched.

Walmart USED to have sphagnum moss, but seemed to stop carrying it several months ago. Probably down-sizing or something. You can get it at Lowe's or any place that has a "garden" center & carries orchid supplies.

Most pet stores I've been to carry it as reptile substrate. I tend to use humidity foam, myself. Not the most eye-catching, but easy to clean.

I tended to not use anything, that of course resulted in the need to spritz more frequently, when I did use something I often used paper towel as well. But of course that's because I never bothered to give myself the luxury of sphagnum moss, I'm growing some right now oddly enough, after I dropped out of the hobby.

Latest posts