T. sinensis hatched twice

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaLynn

Reaction score
My T. Sinensis ooth hatched a couple of days ago Wed.,25th, and produced about 100+ nymphs. My kids wanted to save the old egg case, so today, Fri., I removed it from the container and gave it to them. They looked at for a minute or two then left it on the kitchen counter. Approximatly 2 hours later I noticed a few white nymphs crawling around on the counter and quickly found the egg case and more nymphs in the process of emerging from it! It was a total surprise but really cool to watch. I got a couple good pictures too. So I added fifteen new babies to the bunch this evening, it was a nice surprise.

Hehe... they pulled the old "let's take a long break and then surprise her!" trick, huh? :lol: It puts you in a sudden panic when you find them hatching out on the counter, desk, etc., doesn't it! :eek:

That is pretty common. That's why you leave ooths in the container for a bit to catch those stragglers.

those stinkers! mine did the same thing this week, after about 4 days, I took the ooth out and put in plastic bag, while rounding up ooths today, guess who was looking at me from inside the bag :lol:

Latest posts