Tank for Shield Ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massaman

Reaction score
I want to know if this is a ok set up for my shield ooths that I just gotten from my females recently. I am using my 3 gallon tank to try to hatch these and on the bottom is paper towel used as a substrate with some plastic aquarium plants for decoration and for the nymphs to climb on and there was a plastic sheet that fits over the top of the tank so it fits over the opening of the tank and I glued both of my shield ooths to the underside of the plastic sheet and am going to spray the inside of the tank and the towel and plants three times a week and wanted to know if this is a good idea and one other thing is I took off the lid which had the tank light because I tried to hatch a shield ooth I bought some time ago and I think it made a air tight seal which caused that ooth to suffocate and not hatch and making sure this will not happen again and as far as temp goes it is around room temperature or a little higher since spring is starting!

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

There is plenty of openings in the plastic sheet to allow the distrubution of air to go in and out of the tank so there should not be any suffocation insidents anymore!

Latest posts