Tell the truth: are you afraid of mantids?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANTIS DUDE

Reaction score
Hello all people who had for some reason desided to click on this thread! Well, you read the topic title, "Tell the truth: are you afraid of mantids?" I can tell you that I am actualy terrified of roaches! Are you afraid of mantids? Here is the story of how I became afraid of roaches: One night when I was 5 years, I was brushing my teeth after a shower I felt a strange sensation on my spine! I turned my head around to look and there right on my back was a 4 or 5 inch palmedo bug (common in florida)!!! I tried to shake it of but it clung to me like a leach! I ran though the house with only a towl and a collosal palmetto bug clinging to my back screaming bloody murder untill I slammed my back against the wall and splattered insect organs all over my skin! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all people who had for some reason desided to click on this thread! Well, you read the topic title, "Tell the truth: are you afraid of mantids?" I can tell you that I am actualy terrified of roaches! Are you afraid of mantids? Here is the story of how I became afraid of roaches: One night when I was 5 years, I was brushing my teeth after a shower I felt a strange sensation on my spine! I turned my head around to look and there right on my back was a 4 or 5 inch palmedo bug (common in florida)!!! I tried to shake it of but it clung to me like a leach! I ran though the house with only a towl and a collosal palmetto bug clinging to my back screaming bloody murder untill I slammed my back against the wall and splattered insect organs all over my skin! :(
Must have been one heck of a specimen given Wikipedia lists their average size at 1.6 inches <_<

haha what? :lol: as AB said why would anyone even browsing this forum be afraid of mantids?

Maybe you should edit the title to say something like "which bugs are you afraid of". THAT would actualy make sense! ;)

Im actually "not very fond of" locusts. They creep me out.

My three year old daughter loves them, always wants to see them and help me catch bugs to feed them, but when it comes down to having one of them on her hand she is still very timid and wants to jerk her hand away scream and run away, which only tells me that above all she is still as 3 year old girl. Unfortunately my wife is the same way, so some never grow out of that. But she grew up in the slums of central mexico, and has encountered her share of creepy crawlies, so I dont hold that against her too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha what? :lol: as AB said why would anyone even browsing this forum be afraid of mantids? Maybe you should edit the title to say something like "which bugs are you afraid of". THAT would actualy make sense! ;)

Im actually "not very fond of" locusts. They creep me out.
yh locusts are weird lol

Let's see, until I started raising them, I never held one, too chicken and actually my scardy cat sister (the one on the right in avatar) held an adult before I did. But my list of scardy things is

cennitipeds, millipieds, roaches, silverfish, some spiders, snakes, worms, and more worms, ticks, tomato hornworms :blink: fleas, wasps, bees, hornets, muddabbers, leeches, hookworms, beetles, junebugs and the list goes on.!!!

:lol: I know, that is just the beginning of my girly things I am afraid of, there are a lot of things that are in the water I don't like too, and I really don't like things that go BumP in the night!

Latest posts