The bug corner

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bathory

Reaction score
So I finally figured out how to set up the current mantids!

IMG_4493.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

To the left is my Rhombodera, Ripley. I kept trying to get it so that she can get to the mesh top without having to use the glass to climb, she's big & clumsy lol. To the right is my Hierodula Elizabeth Bathory who is still pretty tiny in comparison. I figured that the best design for molting & safety for both of them would be to loop some branches from the bottom along the wall the across the top and leaving the center relatively empty. I put some sushi roller thing between them because Ripley looked like she wanted to eat Elizabeth. Soon there's gonna be a violin mantis next to them!

In both enclosures I've planted painted nettle & english ivy, and Ripley got a teeny tiny orchid for humidity (if you look closely you can see her butt sticking out behind it, she's mad at me because I tried to feed her lol). What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha they got the luxury life! Looking good! Hopefully your new violins will fit right in.

I know I'm late but the bug corner looks awesome!  Any new pictures on how the violin's enclosure looks?  I like the climbing wall you made for them to get up to the ceiling easily.

@Ocelotbren Thank you! It's been updated since I made this thread.View attachment 10167

In the exo terra to the left I keep Ripley, my shield. Middle one is Elizabeth Bathory, Hierodula majuscula and to the right is Lady, my jumping spider! Lilith, the gongy, live on the floor by the radiator with a lamp and heat mat so I can get the temperature I need.

View attachment 10168IMG_4631.JPG

She lives in an old lantern that I converted into a mesh enclosure. She ninja molted and surprised me so I'm assuming she's doing well!

Latest posts