The Mantis Team

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The name was too shortly used so this girl may carry the name in Cleo the first honor :) She is not a scardy cat. She attacked and ate a very fat fly this morning.

Last night Soraya molted. She is way bigger than her sister now. She had a good molt, but she has very thin abdomen. I hope she will eat tomorrow, I have a few flies I need to get rid of.

Last edited by a moderator:
:)  Congratulations on the new addition! 

Can we see a pic of Soraya now?

- MantisGirl13

hehe, i will try to take a pic of Soraya but is a bit blurry. (She was eating her first fat fly. in her cup)didn't want to disturb her breakfast. ;)

Today my new addtions to my mantis family arrived healthy: 2 unsexed ghosts and hierodula membranacea female.

I have made their homes ready and fed the new guys. The ghosts grabbed their fruitfies fast and for the hierodula  was only 1 fly ready to be eaten, so i fed her grasshopper abdomen. It was still too big to grab it herself. Handfeeding her was easy,  she grabbed out of my tweezers fast when she tasted it :p all bellies are full.

I like the stripes on her legs. I hope she will keep those. I need to think about a good name for her.
Mine still have their strips, they are L5 and L6... So she probably will.

Little Cleo likes flies, the bigger the better :p

Cleo-fly.png

@MantisGirl13A pic of freshly molted Soraya you can find in her topic ;)

i was feeding my mantids and gave Soraya her fly and took a picture of her eating:

soraya-male.jpg

when I looked at her (?) picture, I saw a segment that shows she is a male and not a female. :eek: I need to think of another name. This name doesn't fit anymore. I will have a look at Ayaweyas butt when she has eaten too. confusing this.

Strange! I see what you mean and you are right! 'She' is a male!

- MantisGirl13

Maybe I have a couple after all ;) But Ayaweya still need to eat her fly. I think i can have a good look at her abdomen when it is full. Her abdomen is still flat.  But I still hope she is female.

Maybe I will call  the male Tybalt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I have a couple after all ;) But Ayaweya still need to eat her fly. I think i can have a good look at her abdomen when it is full. Her abdomen is still flat.  But I still hope she is female.

Maybe I will call  the male Tybalt.
I know the struggle! You know how many times I changed my three's names!

Well Tybalt is cute!

I will feed Ayaweya a second fly and think her abdomen is full enough to have a good look at the segments, but i hope i don't need to change her name ;)

But Tybalt is a good eater for a male :p

Latest posts