They're finally hatching/Stagmomantis floridensis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are pretty large and have the stripes on the legs. Still only about 8 in there. Too bad I am out of fruit flies! Have two cultures set to arrive this week and one that is full of maggots but no flies yet. Hoping they can hold out.

They are Yen. Still only about 8 in there. Got my flies yesterday which was good.

Several more nymphs appear to have hatched out today.

Looks like one or two hatch per day. It is hard to tell though.

I seperated the L2 nymphs. Have about 15 of them. They are just over a cm at this stage. Rather large actually.

thats good to hear too bad my two ooths have not hatched yet and was told they prob wont till late summer or spring but would buy some adults whenever you decide to sell them though if ever!

Second ooths has hatched one lone nymph I noticed this morning.

What condition do you keep them again Rick? So far you are the only one having a hatch. :blink:
For most of the incubation period they were kept at about 82 during the day and 70 at night. Last few weeks they were kept at high 80's-low 90's and misted twice a day.

For most of the incubation period they were kept at about 82 during the day and 70 at night. Last few weeks they were kept at high 80's-low 90's and misted twice a day.
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to move the indoor ooth to a warmer location. It's only been about mid-70's max.

The nymphs from the first ooth are molting to L3. So far still only one single nymph has emerged from the second ooth, and that was nearly a week ago. I ran out of room so I had to put two to a cup in a few cases. So far they don't seem interested in eating each other.

Latest posts