To Diapause Or Not To Diapause...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DETHCHEEZ

Reaction score
That Is The Question...

LOL

Tried looking it up with no luck

&

Was wondering if a P. Griffinii ooth should be Chilled or not

Guessing yes

But don't want to guess wrong

Thanx

&

Happy Holidays

Eric

Hey there.... I had asked this in a different forum, and I am fairly certain now my answer to Dethcheez's question is To Diapause.

I have a Carolina mantis (from what I've found in research). She has just laid two ootheca. Now that it is winter, I want to know if I have to keep them indoors in the refrigerator, or can I just place the sticks back outside within the cage, posed how she left them??

Thanks for any help! :0)

Hey there.... I had asked this in a different forum, and I am fairly certain now my answer to Dethcheez's question is To Diapause.

I have a Carolina mantis (from what I've found in research). She has just laid two ootheca. Now that it is winter, I want to know if I have to keep them indoors in the refrigerator, or can I just place the sticks back outside within the cage, posed how she left them??

Thanks for any help! :0)
Yes you can place them outside within the cage.

Stagmos DO need to diapause. you can refrigerate or place in net cage outside, either would work. or you can set up the ooths in a brown paper lunch bag outside where they will not be soaked by rain, sleet, snow.

Latest posts