Total Newbie with Questions

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That habitat is  5.5 inches x 5.5 inches x 5.5. You typically want to have a habitat 3x the length of the mantis (height) so the mantis can properly molt.

this is a small habitat so I would recommend:

ghost mantis

flower mantises (spiny flower, Indian flower,etc)

Any miomants (paykulli,binotata)

those are really cool mantises and perfect for beginners.

Thanks y'all! I'm really loving the look and even name of the Ghost Mantis so its perfect for me that they are a good beginner species and can fit into something that small. I was looking at the care sheet for them on this site and saw they like flies. I see where I can purchase them from Bugs in Cyberspace which is what I'm planning on doing. Is there anything else I would need besides the habitat, food, and of course Mantis? Do they need a heat source?

Other than what you listed you really only need a spray bottle and possibly a heat source: if your house is cold. I recommend to keep ghosts at at least mid 70’s. If your house is colder than that a simple desk lamp can heat him up... just make sure if you use a desk lamp that it’s not too hot.

Other than what you listed you really only need a spray bottle and possibly a heat source: if your house is cold. I recommend to keep ghosts at at least mid 70’s. If your house is colder than that a simple desk lamp can heat him up... just make sure if you use a desk lamp that it’s not too hot.
Thanks Connor, think I should be good then!

Latest posts