Trans-Am

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I traded all of my Gambian Spotted Eye Flower Mantids for 7 of his Double Shield Mantids. He gave me 4 Blue Flash Mantids. One Blue Flash L2 nymph got killed by another one. He did not eat the other mantis. The Double Shield Mantids are beautiful! They are much more colorful than I thought.

Father's Edit 12 Dec 2011: My son is 13 and I helped him with his trade. He was delighted to do this trade, but his communication skills are in their genesis. He is rather blunt, and does not realize what needs to be said to reveal the truth that yields a fine review. We were very pleased in dealing with Trans-am, and would do so again should the occasion arise.

Trans-am's communication style was refreshingly sincere and trust-inspiring. He gave more than he promised ... when he realized we were beginners in packaging and trading, extending much advice via back and forth communication. Also, to save us the expense of buying a single heat pack (and paying a lot in shipping for that) he sent us a two-day heat pack for free, which was not part of our original bargain.

Also, he extended considerable trust to us in that he sent his part of the deal to us first (to be able to get us the heat pack we would use in our return shipment). We used the same box to ship back to him. Finally, Trans-am's box packing was exquisite. He took care to fashion a four-compartment round container so that the insects would not be all together, using cardboard dividers, glue and pieces of window screen. It was a nice, functional little craft job. He obviously cares about insects.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just sitting here admiring my 6 new creos, so tiny! active and hungry little devils...lol.

very happy with the purchase and the SUPER deal I got...included one extra nymph and a fruitfly culture, the larg (32oz) size deli cup with fabric lid...substrate, two flowers glued nicely opposing each other...in other words cozy but room to keep them occupied. Trans-Am went above and beyond in meeting with me in person to make this go down...poor guy was out late to make everything work, but I amm 110% happy and recommend Trans-Am to anyone...just check his feedback!!

:D

thank you!!!!!!

:rockon:

I over paid on our last transaction and he was honest enough to make things right. I would not have known but he brought it to my attention!

Always willing to help with info or his own stash of supplies. I picked up a few things tonight and would buy from him again in a heartbeat.

Great guy.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I over paid on our last translation and he was honest enough to make things right. I would not have known but he brought it to my attention!

Always willing to help with info or his own stash of supplies. I picked up a few things tonight and would buy from him again in a heartbeat.

Great guy.

Thanks again.
TransAm does translations too??? how much??

lol... :stuart:

still happy with my purchase...'cept I am getting low on fruit flys...my guys are greeedy eaters.

Jus got a female ghost and 2 acanthops! Everything was packed really well. Of course padding, heat pack, and tracking # were provided for menand communication was great. So glad to get an unrelated ghost to breed with my males. Wish I could have gotten more acanthops from him, they are awesome looking!

This guy is awesome. He was making a 8 hour drive up to my city and offered to drop by! Overall great at fast replies and whatnot, and I would definately buy from him again. Answered every single question promptly with great information. Everything seems to be in great condition, and I am very pleased. A great, honest, caring breeder who will take the time to please those who are buyers! 100% satisfaction, and I'll go back to him any day! VERY HAPPY ^____^

i cant say enough about trans!!! we have been working on a deal for over 2 months and man he has come through! tons of free mantids and even a saly!

Package "lost" in the mail. No tracking to follow (he couldn't afford the extra $.70).
Well the package was indeed lost in the mail. For those of you who are wondering what this is about, me and Patrick had a trade several weeks ago. He sent me two species of nymphs and I was supposed to send a different species he requested when they became L2.

The day I sent out his package I was low on money(waiting for paypal payments to clear) and sent out two priority packages to locations that are less than 2 hours away. I figured it would be fine not to get the tracking number since they were so close. The other package made it safely to the destination the very next day. Patrick's package did not for some reason. While it does look bad on my end to not get a tracking number, for some reason he feels that I lied about ever sending out the package. That is up to him to assume that. I offered to work things out with him but he would not have it. I do not like having anyone feel they got ripped off from me, so I always try to sort things out, but if you don't want to deal with me anymore Patrick, that is fine.

He is a great guy Simple! My package was taking forever and all but one of my mantids made it ok and his service was great! I would order from him agin

Well the package was indeed lost in the mail. For those of you who are wondering what this is about, me and Patrick had a trade several weeks ago. He sent me two species of nymphs and I was supposed to send a different species he requested when they became L2.

The day I sent out his package I was low on money(waiting for paypal payments to clear) and sent out two priority packages to locations that are less than 2 hours away. I figured it would be fine not to get the tracking number since they were so close. The other package made it safely to the destination the very next day. Patrick's package did not for some reason. While it does look bad on my end to not get a tracking number, for some reason he feels that I lied about ever sending out the package. That is up to him to assume that. I offered to work things out with him but he would not have it. I do not like having anyone feel they got ripped off from me, so I always try to sort things out, but if you don't want to deal with me anymore Patrick, that is fine.
I NEVER said anything about feeling lied to. Just said you couldn't afford the $.70 for tracking. Just factual feedback. I also didn't mention that it took more than a couple of weeks for the package to even be sent. Just saying. I wasn't expecting much and got exactly what I was expecting after the delays. Thanks for the opportunity to not deal with you any more. It is very kind of you. I'll take you up on that.

+1 for a good guy, helped me out when i needed it most, shipped fast as well, and everything made it great. will gladly do buisness again!

Recently got 2 Gambians from Trans-am. They were meticulously packed and healthy. Fingers crossed that one of them is a male! :)

Bought from Trans-Am twice in the last two months. Really reliable guy who is very responsive with questions and concerns. He wrote follow up messages to see how the mantids were doing and offered advice. Definitely going to be a repeat customer.

just got another order in yesterday from trans-am. well packed, good lookin bugs, and A+ personality! i hope to do more business with him in the future.

My second deal with TransAm.

again very pleased with my purchase, very pleasant and knowledgable (we skipped the politics and talked religeon lol...)

Thanks for my newest mantids:

100_0217.jpg

got the ghosts...well packed, quickly shipped even due to holiday...good guy to deal with, always up front with you.

Latest posts