Trans-Am

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3rd purchase from Chris,

great as always...wanted to pick up a couple other species but I am about at capacity with current set up so Sinomantis D. was my sole Purchase.

This is addictive!

Another flawless transaction, got a pair of H. majuscula from Chris and they are beautiful.

I love to do business with Chris, always impressed with the way he mods the containers with foam inserts

cut to various shapes and hot glued like little works of art ;)

He is such a perfectionist and is truly honest and concerned with making sure you receive your mantids in perfect

condition.

Thank you again Chris, you are on my short-list of favorites :)

Wonderful purchase from Chris! (L5female idolo) Great feedback as he constantly replied to my numerous PMs. However, the USPS did bang up the box pretty severly (almost looks like somebody sat on it :( ) but thanks to the way Chris packaged her, she survived the long trip from Cali to Florida :D Would recommend to anyone and look forward to doing buisness again! Thanks Chris!

-Andrew

I have bought a L5 female bleph for my lonely male.

Smooth transactions, box was dinged up from shipping but the female is fine. I am very surprised at how much bigger she is than my L5 male.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my idols <3 tysm for sending food along with then, my sub mail carried dropped the ball today, but they are here now, safe and sound :)

My lovely New Zealand mantis female came safely to me in a just a few days after shipment :)

She even survived the Florida heat! I couldn't afford to get priority shipping, and he was very honest and helpful with that. He said she should be okay as long as I am there to take her inside when she is delivered. She came in a nice big deli cup filled with some straw and a few flies she had already chomped into. Trans-Am messaged me letting me know that the shipping didn't end up costing what he had expected, so my next transaction will have a few dollars off to balance it out. That is great customer service :)

I'm about to buy my idolomantis from him now!

*Thank you!!!*

I ordered some idolos from Trans-Am because he let me use priority shipping. I also ordered some Majusculas from him. My idolos are beautiful and fine, but one of the majusculas died. It was no fault of his, they were pretty perfectly packaged. Great seller with fast communication.

I asked Chris to send me 2 Idolos, and try to sex out a male and a female for me. He did so, and I hope they're accurate, and they arrived alived. Fast communication too.

So I ordered 4 Idolo's and asked for express and paid for express.

I made sure my schedule was cleared for the next day.

When they did not arrive I messaged him and was told that he had forgotten to do that and shipped them priority.

So in future with anyone I will explain the importance of my daily time constraints.

Because when they did arrive at my work I had a full day of clients.

All of the containers had raffia in them but nothing on the floor of each container, I felt like they were quite dry.

When I messaged him about this I was told that, people with experience know that the mantis may drown.

Ok fair enough.

One was molting as I opened the container and its head was on the bottom, there was NO room to molt so I had to scoop him up by the old skin of the hind legs and hold him til he was done then taped that to a skewer.

He molted but has damage to one front raptor and the hood thingie.

ANother one molted as I raced home for larger containers then what I had brought.

So I had also messaged him and told him that I was reading Idolomantis Consolidated as fast as possible but had a few questions for him that would help.

For instance I wanted to know how big an L3 is (so I could have a proper container there.)

He answered the questions but said It's hard to tell but you'll see when you get them.

He also said, most people research an animal before they buy it...

This was after they had arrived and he still had not refunded my money yet.

I said "Well I still haven't received my refund yet so why don't you go research that?"

Which he said he had just done and to check my messages and in all fairness he had.

Why wait though?

I had paid him for something he didn't do it, give me my money back.

He said he was waiting til they arrived, ok fair enough.

Others have said they have found him to be quite helpful I however did not appreciate his tone.

I'm giving you money you don't need to bring up my "inexperience" or my lack of research which was not true.

He needs to take a class on customer service in my opinion.

He did include a free pictipennis?

I also thought it was odd to ship a mantis when it's so close to molting.

He said his hadn't molted to L4 yet so he didn't know.

But I know some think he's great so there you have it.

Did he refund you for the shipping difference? If so, it just seems like he made an honest mistake, something bound to happen when you sell so many mantids.

When they did not arrive I messaged him and was told that he had forgotten to do that and shipped them priority.

So in future with anyone I will explain the importance of my daily time constraints.

All of the containers had raffia in them but nothing on the floor of each container, I felt like they were quite dry.

When I messaged him about this I was told that, people with experience know that the mantis may drown.

Ok fair enough.

One was molting as I opened the container and its head was on the bottom, there was NO room to molt so I had to scoop him up by the old skin of the hind legs and hold him til he was done then taped that to a skewer.

ANother one molted as I raced home for larger containers then what I had brought.

So I had also messaged him and told him that I was reading Idolomantis Consolidated as fast as possible but had a few questions for him that would help.

For instance I wanted to know how big an L3 is (so I could have a proper container there.)

He answered the questions but said It's hard to tell but you'll see when you get them.

I said "Well I still haven't received my refund yet so why don't you go research that?"

Which he said he had just done and to check my messages and in all fairness he had.

Why wait though?

Others have said they have found him to be quite helpful I however did not appreciate his tone.

I'm giving you money you don't need to bring up my "inexperience" or my lack of research which was not true.

I went out of my way to change an order for you which I had no obligation to do since you had already agreed to and paid for two Dessicata nymphs. Nevertheless, I still helped you out since you did not know the difference between Lobata and Dessicata. Sounds like you are inexperienced and need to do more research on mantises to me, although you claim this is "not true".

My Idolo's have just begun to start to molt to L4, so there was no way to know that they would be molting upon arrival. Should you have lost any to mismolts in transit, I would have refunded them.

With many packages to sent out each week mistakes can happen, such as sending a shipment by priority that was supposed to go express. Not only did I still give you a live arrival guarantee with the cheaper shipping method, but I also refunded you the difference for the package to be sent by priority. I waited for them to arrive so I could refund the shipping amount as well as any mantises that were DOA. This way I would not have to send two refunds.

Perhaps you should try to learn the virtue of patience, although you won't be learning this in any class.

Most people would be happy to get four rare mantises plus a freebie at a good price with a live arrival guarantee with cheap shipping, but I guess that can not satisfy you.

If you had informed me of the busy work schedule you have then perhaps the gravity of the situation would have been made clear to me. Don't assume that everyone knows your situation. If you hadn't stopped replying to my messages than I would have been more than willing to help you out, but that's your decision.

Did he refund you for the shipping difference? If so, it just seems like he made an honest mistake, something bound to happen when you sell so many mantids.
Yes.

Ok fair enough.

Why wait though?

I agree with Trans-Am that u should've researched about the mantis before you received them, even if someone on your experience level did order one of the hardest mantids to raise... but I have seen people only weeks into the hobby get idolos... I don't agree with this, experience from months of raising mantids is more valuable then 1 day of research. I'm sure this was just a mistake, those tend to happen when you sell hundreds of mantids.

I'm betting you were ok with changing the order as I offered to buy more and so you made more money.

I never said I was "experienced " with mantid's, ever.

You said "Most people do some research" and I said I had, which is true.

However my main complaint is your tone which is neither warm nor friendly.

You just don't talk to people the way you do if you want repeat business.

I think your above post proves my point.

I already received a PM on here from another customer of yours who said you were mean and snippy to them in PM's as well but they wanted the mantid's.

Hhhm, maybe that's why you feel you can talk down to people you don't even know.

Got some lovely rare species at cheap prices. Communication was flawless! he put up with me changing orders and came through with beautiful specimens and lots of freebees to boot! Will definitely be dealing with him again.

Latest posts