Turning my cabinet into a Play Area

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malakyoma

Reaction score
A little while ago, I took a look at my cabinet, which at the time housed my movies and Arcade sticks, and thought that if I took everything out of it, it would make a nice sized play area for my mantids. Since I put it together, Jade has refused to go back into her cup lol. here are some photos of the general view, and some mantids testing it out.

Very cool not to mention resourceful, but if I could offer some advice, lose the tape and use glue or something else, tape is like a bear trap to a little mantis tarsi and other body parts.

Very cool not to mention resourceful, but if I could offer some advice, lose the tape and use glue or something else, tape is like a bear trap to a little mantis tarsi and other body parts.
Thing is I don't want to permanently attach anything to the inside. I used tape only because its removable without damaging the cabinet. I'm open to suggestions for another method of doing it that wont make that a permanent play area.

Hot glue should peel right off the formica with little effort, test a small area that can't be seen first.

Low temperature glue can peel right off of some surfaces.

Unfortunately, tape is dangerous for small creatures. If they get any part of their body stuck in it, you may lose your insects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts