• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED - Gongylus Gongyloides ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
im want to buy an ooth from any one usa or uk..if u have 1 to sale can u pm me or post on here..thanks..

oh ok..well if u had thread up here 1st let me know if u hear of any spare ones..il do same.i want orchid more tho..

Not got any ooths yet, but have 5 gongylus here in the UK i can sell.

Moulted about 5 times or so for me, and that means L7 or so I think?

Hi

I will start selling when the weather becomes warmer. Maybe I will be able send to Uk also.

Best regards,

tier

PS: There are 12-35 larva in one ootheca in gerneral.

PSS: In older literature they are named gongyloides, but nowadays the common name is gongylodes, without the "i". Maybe this will make it easier for you to search them.

PSSS: Molted 5 times means they are L6 now, not L7. They hatch out as L1, inside the ootheca they are called "Praelarva". They DO NOt hatch as L2, this is common but WRONG.

regards again,

tier

Last edited by a moderator:
PSSS: Molted 5 times means they are L6 now, not L7. They hatch out as L1, inside the ootheca they are called "Praelarva". They DO NOt hatch as L2, this is common but WRONG.regards again,

tier
You are jumping to assumptions that I bought them as L1?

So please try to ask the questions before accusation or otherwise.

You are jumping to assumptions that I bought them as L1?So please try to ask the questions before accusation or otherwise.
He is just informing you and giving information, he is not accusing or blaming you for anything. Be a little more polite please!

im hoping to buy an ooth as i have some new net cages coming so i would like to fill the cage up..il see how it goes in next few weeks if noone has one il buy a few from martin.

Moulted about 5 times or so for me, and that means L7 or so I think?
Sorry, I thought this is a question. I thought it because of the question-mark.

(

Code:
So please try to ask the questions
)

And unfortuanetely it is a common mistake that people call freshly hatched larva L2.

Code:
You are jumping to assumptions that I bought them as L1?
Yes, I did. Well, it seems that you did not make your sentence.

Or I'm a little stupid - don't know.

If I would like to do an accusation to you, I would write that only worsest breeders of Gongylus would ship them in winter-month. But I'm sure you have the ability to make sure they have 40°C while shipping ;-)

Nicest regards,

Gongylus breeding group Duisburg

If I would like to do an accusation to you, I would write that only worsest breeders of Gongylus would ship them in winter-month. But I'm sure you have the ability to make sure they have 40°C while shipping ;-)Nicest regards,

Gongylus breeding group Duisburg
i am willing to take that risk is the ooth is fertile.

i am willing to take that risk is the ooth is fertile.
Well, I have none for you, sorry. But this is no problem: If the ooth is about 3 weeks old, you can shine through it with a good lamp (40W is enough). You can distinguish unfertiled eggs from the fertiled one and can see and count how many larva will hatch exactly.

regards,

tier

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have none for you, sorry. But this is no problem: If the ooth is about 3 weeks old, you can shine through it with a good lamp (40W is enough). You can distinguish unfertiled eggs from the fertiled one and can see and count how many larva will hatch exactly.regards,

tier
i rember reading a post by a big member here that saidt u cant tell if your ooth is fertile or not?mayby i try it later on.. :)

Hi

Well, in general you cannot tell. But it is very easy with Gongylus ( and Christian is able to detect fertile Deroplaty lobata ooth).

Best regards,

tier

Latest posts