weird mantis behavior

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill krut

Reaction score
started raising 4 p. wahlbergii and three of them act like any normal mantis would. but the one in the red container hides under the red paper as if he were sub-terrestrial. when i blow at it, he'll just scuttle (alot faster than the others would) and get as deep into the mass as he can. not worried, cause he's healthy, but just curious as to why he thinks he's a groundhog.

started raising 4 p. wahlbergii and three of them act like any normal mantis would. but the one in the red container hides under the red paper as if he were sub-terrestrial. when i blow at it, he'll just scuttle (alot faster than the others would) and get as deep into the mass as he can. not worried, cause he's healthy, but just curious as to why he thinks he's a groundhog.
I wonder if it is due to the coloration... That behavior may be locked in their genetic memory, and unlocked if they find thmselves in an overly red environment, as if to hide from a certain predator that is found around red flowers where they are from. You'd be surprised.

What color are your other enclosures? Why is this one's red and not the other's.

I wonder if it is due to the coloration... That behavior may be locked in their genetic memory, and unlocked if they find thmselves in an overly red environment, as if to hide from a certain predator that is found around red flowers where they are from. You'd be surprised.What color are your other enclosures? Why is this one's red and not the other's.
Red innature is often a warning colour. Could be scaring him s***less :lol:

actually his might be yellow...

any way- yellow red purple green. just curious how they will molt, coloration wise

i might try changing the color to see if his behavior changes, or maybe he's a mutant spider, groundhog, mantis!

Latest posts