What a little moss can do

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceWolf

Reaction score
Was about time to start adding some new moss, since the old got brown and well, it's a whole new enclosure. Love the smell of the forest when I stick my head inside there ^^ and it seems my mantids also really love it :D  

13479748_1038287196248018_999394533_n.jpg

13487539_1038287189581352_90368313_n.jpg

Ehm, this is an exo terra terrarium 45cm*45cm*60cm, with the standard background, but I filled it up with bark from a dead tree that I found in my backyard. I dried it so it would start growing mold. The soil is a mix of dirt and pieces of wood that got scrambled in some sort of machine we use to clean up dead branches. Then the rest is mostly different sorts of moss that I collected from the side of roads, creeks, and forrests. Then there are a few basic bromelias that I used, the colorful ones really make it pretty though, I was hesitating of adding an orchid in there but it didn't really work out. this is my first terrarium that I made but it's really fun to create an actual kinda representation of real life nature.

I was thinking of just re-doing the terrarium because it got a little messy since I put too much pill bugs in there and they always eat all the moss. But instead I just tried fixing it by adding some fresh nature in it.

Really glad you like it, thanks! :D

Latest posts