What do you keep your mantids in?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep the 3'' ones in 4'' cups, 4'' ones in 5'' containers and adults in 6'' ones. I give them just enough room to move without being able to stretch out.
Silly, those measurements are used for properly crating dogs not bugs.

My gf doesn't like all the space I was taking up with all my mantids so I had to downsize my collection so that it fits on these shelves. Most of them are in deli cups but I'm planning on building a few wood & mesh boxes w/ hinges and all very soon. Here's how I have them all organized right now. I added text so you know what species is on each shelf:

Mantis_Shelf_zps0646ee49.jpg

My gf doesn't like all the space I was taking up with all my mantids so I had to downsize my collection so that it fits on these shelves. Most of them are in deli cups but I'm planning on building a few wood & mesh boxes w/ hinges and all very soon. Here's how I have them all organized right now. I added text so you know what species is on each shelf:

Mantis_Shelf_zps0646ee49.jpg
Damn that's a lot of mantids! That's cool that you'll be making some wooden boxes with hinges.

I like to keep them in ff cups with lots of friends to make sure they don't get lonely.

DSC05417Large_zpsbf4faad7.jpg

Pseudoharpax Viriscens and Stagmomantis Californica
Oh, I didn't realize you already posted which species. Awesome, though. I've only ever hatched 1 Tenodera sinensis ootheca and 2 Stagmomantis Carolina oothecae.

Latest posts