What everyone is thinking, but nodody is saying.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On one hand, I can understand how that might seem epic.

On the other, I think it would mostly just be painful to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least one of them would most likely try to flee to avoid injury. If they are in a closed space, the other one goes for the kill without much effort. If both try to flee, it's pandemonium of jumps and legs in there

Sounds like you've seen quite a few mantis fights.
Oh yes. My interest for mantids started when I was only 4 years old. From then on I was always trying to find and keep all those that I found. As a kid I was very stubborn and had very terrible ways to hurt animals, which I'm not proud of at all. My personal favorite was doing battles and messing around with insects, mantids included. Now that i think about it, curiously the mantis was the first animal that I slowly started to fully respect. But along the way, many mantids died due to inexperience, ignorance and an evil mind. That said, I have seen a lot of mantis cannibalism and fights throughout my childhood.

Oh yes. My interest for mantids started when I was only 4 years old. From then on I was always trying to find and keep all those that I found. As a kid I was very stubborn and had very terrible ways to hurt animals, which I'm not proud of at all. My personal favorite was doing battles and messing around with insects, mantids included. Now that i think about it, curiously the mantis was the first animal that I slowly started to fully respect. But along the way, many mantids died due to inexperience, ignorance and an evil mind. That said, I have seen a lot of mantis cannibalism and fights throughout my childhood.
Yeah, that's kids for ya. Lost quite a few animals myself as a youngster due to ignorance. Never fought mantises, but me, and my friends fought our bettas once, or twice. There weren't any fatalities though.

Lots of mantis versus x on youtube. It's probably been done before.
I think I've seen a few of those actually. I kind of wonder what all insects the mantises defeated. I can't remember much about those videos, aside from some of them being really boring.

When I was in first grade or so, I did stupid things like that. Mostly out of ignorance. I feel really bad about it. :( Once I found 10 stagmomantises one night -- I remember I was living in an apartment complex and on one side of the building, there were all sorts of bugs. Once I got a 4" moth and I made up my mind to catch it, but when I got close and took a good look at its furry body and legs, I copped out. Anyways, back to the mantises. I put all 10 mantids in a box. Now I would do anything to have 10 stagmomantises...I would keep them as beloved pets with much love.

Yeah, what I did was ignorant. I thought since I could put 10 grasshoppers together, I could put 10 mantids together. If I had known, I would not have put them together just for kicks.

Haha, yeah I feel ya! I did very similar things. Over crowding unsuitable animals as a kid. If only we could turn back time. :(

Also I can't believe you got scared of a moth.lol

I have zero tolerance for this kind of discussion. It's just ignorant. If you're that bored with life that the life of pets in your care don't matter you should seek psychiatric help.

Is c0ck fighting ok? Is dog fighting ok? When a human contemplates something dying for nothing more than their personal amusement that human needs to take a look in the mirror and assess whether or not they are purposefully or accidentally falling toward evil. If they decide it's purposeful then fine. You are now my enemy. But if not, get a grip and become a positive force in this world.

This forum is for people that appreciate mantids. Many of us would say we love them. If you love something you don't needlessly put its life in danger.

Latest posts