What is that foamy material called used for mantis cups?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorcham427

Reaction score
I need the name or a good "aka" for that material that is very foam-like for filling in those "feeder holes" in deli cups.

I just need the name, I am going to look online for the best price so please don't give me a link to buy it unless it is at a serious whole sale discount.

Thanks for any help! :)

You can usually find the same stuff at places that sell fabric. Of course, you'd have to cut the circles yourself. Good luck figuring THAT out! ;)

You can usually find the same stuff at places that sell fabric. Of course, you'd have to cut the circles yourself. Good luck figuring THAT out! ;)
Yes, that's what I have done. And you don't have to cut round bungs, cubic ones, cut with scissors will fit just fine! I cut all of my own from a large sheet of foam bought at Walmart if I remember. It lasts a long time!

A sheet of foam does make a ridiculous amount of plugs.

But I suspect you are looking to sell/trade organisms in containers and might not have the re-use option.

So bulk may make sense for you. The 2' by 3' sheet I bought at the craft store is bulk enough for me.

I suspect any type of foam would work. Make sure it is synthetic.

Hey thanks guys.. I found an online forum that lead me to a nice sweet deal. Got a ton for dirt cheap, woo hoo! lol

It's called foam. :lol: It costs more but I like to buy the foam plugs used for fruit fly vials. No cutting needed.

Latest posts