what kind of spider is this

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_Hemptress

Reaction score
IS IT POISONOUS?! i saw it crawling on the ceiling so i decided to grab it before it decided to fall into some laundry or on the couch somewhere. i dont usually catch the spiders i see, i just kill them. this time i decided to go ahead and grab a deli cup really quick.... sorry i dont have a better picture, but now that im thinking its poisonous i dont want to open the container

sorry, this is the only way i could get the picture to show up

http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?app=galleryℑ=4738

...im starting to think its a wolf spider....???...idk....

Last edited by a moderator:
IS IT POISONOUS?!....
Why, were you planning on eating it? heh :devil2: (Proper term is actually "venomous". ;) ) Most spiders are venomous but only a few have venom that can have a significant effect on humans. The risk factor for those that do have medically significant venom is often blown out of proportion. For example, black widows are actually very common throughout much of the US, yet very few people get bitten by them and fewer yet suffer any serious effects from a bite. You are far more likely to be seriously injured or killed by a horse or a dog.

Glad you were able to get a tentative ID. Definitely not a wolf -- eye arrangement is all wrong for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts