Whats best way to heat a G. Gongy ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro92

Reaction score
I need to get it to about 90F right? or higher. what temps do i keep it at. how should i heat it to that temp and still keep it at the right humidity?

i have a homemade incubator that i use with ooths, and even bird eggs lol

it is a styrofoam cooler with a lamp witha 20 watt bulb inside the cooler. the lamp hass a dimmer switch on it to lower/increase the temperature. i had a fan in mine to but that wont really be needed with a mantid ooth. here is a pic before i added the pheasant eggs. the pheasant eggs needed 99 degrees! and 80% humidity and i had 5 out fo 8 eggs hatch with it....power went off and that killed a couple :( costs about $20 to make i would guess most expensive thing being te heat lamp but i had everything on hand to make it with

IMG_1737.jpg

Nice incubator!

I used to use a plastic box with a 60 Watts lightbulb in it. Ooths go in there too in their own container. It worked well for P. paradoxa and P. virescens ootheca. Not I have bought a reptile egg incubator Lucky Reptile Herp Nursery II for my ooths. I wanted something fancy and with a stable temperature so I know for sure that my ootheca hatch the best they can.

For a heating method I would always go for a lamp, not for heatmats or heatcables etc.

Latest posts