When to breed Stagmomantis Theophila?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Searsy

Reaction score
My male Stafmomantis Theophila had his final moult tonight. His wings are Gorgous... The whole length of his body, and he almost doubled in size. I got to watch most of it happen :)

Problem is my same generation female is still sub adult. She is showing signs of an imminent moult.. wing buds look swollen, abdomen plump, off food. But even if she became adult tonight is it too late to breed them? I've move the male to a cooler area and her to a warmer area. Will that even help?

My male Stafmomantis Theophila had his final moult tonight. His wings are Gorgous... The whole length of his body, and he almost doubled in size. I got to watch most of it happen :)

Problem is my same generation female is still sub adult. She is showing signs of an imminent moult.. wing buds look swollen, abdomen plump, off food. But even if she became adult tonight is it too late to breed them? I've move the male to a cooler area and her to a warmer area. Will that even help?

I've read males are ready two weeks after adulthood and females five weeks...

I would say 3-4 weeks is the right time for both males and females...you'll be fine if the male is one adult day older than her...it's ok!

All the best,

Andrew

Thanks. I read somewhere that males should mate two weeks after final moult and females five weeks. But I'll just stop worrying excessively :)

I would not worry if she is close to molting to adulthood. The male should last long enough for them to mate.

There is no problem here. If your male was adult and your female L3, then you may have a problem.

Thanks all for the peace of mind.

How the heck did we cope before forums ;)

Latest posts