Where could I buy a net cage for raising nymphs in?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol :p a childs butterfly kit?

god the UK is awful for buying praying mantis products.
There are no "mantis products" anywhere, Becky; the market is too small. The "deli cups" that so many of us use are designed for... you guessed it. I just dug out a cyllindrical child's butterfly cage that Sunny had discarded, from under my computer desk (I wondered where it had gone). It is 25cm in diameter and 30cm high, which gives a volume of about 14.7L (~4 U.S. gals) [are you checking this, Orin? :) ] or a little over the capacity of 16 32oz pots, which ain't bad. A 12" cube, such as Hibiscusmile sells at MantisPlace has just under twice that capacity. But why are you looking for such large enclosures?

There are no "mantis products" anywhere, Becky; the market is too small. The "deli cups" that so many of us use are designed for... you guessed it. I just dug out a cyllindrical child's butterfly cage that Sunny had discarded, from under my computer desk (I wondered where it had gone). It is 25cm in diameter and 30cm high, which gives a volume of about 14.7L (~4 U.S. gals) [are you checking this, Orin? :) ] or a little over the capacity of 16 32oz pots, which ain't bad. A 12" cube, such as Hibiscusmile sells at MantisPlace has just under twice that capacity. But why are you looking for such large enclosures?
im not exactly looking for large enclosures just something that would be suitable to put the ooths in and when they hatch something thats easy to feed them without them all running out e.g :) it'll be a good few months till ill need a net cage but im just getting prepared now..

do you think that the enclosures on his mantis mansion page would be suitable?

im not exactly looking for large enclosures just something that would be suitable to put the ooths in and when they hatch something thats easy to feed them without them all running out e.g :) it'll be a good few months till ill need a net cage but im just getting prepared now..do you think that the enclosures on his mantis mansion page would be suitable?
Sure, but if you are ordering from the U.S. you might want to consider the 32 oz pots.

BTW, BeckyL, The owner of Mantisplace is not a "he" (unless that was a typo) but one of the famous Beckies! :)

Sure, but if you are ordering from the U.S. you might want to consider the 32 oz pots.BTW, BeckyL, The owner of Mantisplace is not a "he" (unless that was a typo) but one of the famous Beckies! :)
ohh sorry :)

cool i didn't realise. ive found a good net cage :) katnapper sent me a link:

http://livemonarch.com/store_enclosures.php

i hope its not too expensive to ship to the UK hehe.

i think ill get the 13 - 13 - 24 inche one :)

ohh sorry :) cool i didn't realise. ive found a good net cage :) katnapper sent me a link:

http://livemonarch.com/store_enclosures.php

i hope its not too expensive to ship to the UK hehe.

i think ill get the 13 - 13 - 24 inche one :)
If he will ship to the UK, the shipping will likely be more expensive than the net cage. If you do go that route... I'd order as many as you think you will possibly need in the future, or can afford. You'll maximize your bang for the buck that way. ;)

If he will ship to the UK, the shipping will likely be more expensive than the net cage. If you do go that route... I'd order as many as you think you will possibly need in the future, or can afford. You'll maximize your bang for the buck that way. ;)
i dont mind paying alot :)

im waiting until my birthday (when the ghost mantids should be fully grown) so ill have money. im basically just spending all my birthday money on praying mantid shipping/cages :)

the money should pay off + profit by selling the babies. hopefully :p

www.carolina.com but not sure if they will ship overseas.

you can always learn how to make a cage as i am having my brother make me one thats 12x12x12 with ply wood and screen so maybe its time to learn how to make them!

Discovery chanel store sells these whole mantis rearing kits. It comes with a 1 cubic foot square net cage, an instruction booklet, a certificate to get mantis eggs, and a few other things. I have 3 of them, except I lost the certificate parts, anyway, they work very well for me.

Latest posts