2008:Noah's Ark FOUND? Who Was informed?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was anyone informed on this?
Yes, I got an Email with photographs of the ark. The sender offered to send me a fragment of the ark, "suitable for framing" for $19.37, but postage and handling was $1,595, so i had to pass up the offer. Did you get a fragment?

Isn't 2008 the year that an intact alien spaceship was found in New Jersey? I think that I got a similar offer on that, too.

I read on the interwebs they found Santa's sleigh and the Easter Bunny's basket, too. Also Heracles' Nemean lion skin and King Arthur's sword Excalibur. It's so crazy that all those old allegorical myths turned out to be literal reality rather than parables.

@ jcal, http://youtu.be/NamCI9pD6Bc here is the link.

@PhilinYuma, No I didn't get a fragment of the ark but that would be AWESOME! I never heard of an intact alien spaceship being found in 2008 in New Jersey. Tried to look up some information on it but none was found.

@Precarious, Your not mocking me in the beginning of your sentence are you? Cause I didn't find anything on those two, LOL! I also think it's way beyond crazy that all those old allegorical myths turned out to be reality and not parables.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty amazing if that is what it is. BUT I would think there would have been a MUCH larger celebration in archeology if that actually was the Ark. Considering there was next to no buzz, I doubt it.

Exactly... It's not new news. Archeologist have been working on the site for more then 5 years now... They're 99% sure lol. Also why does it sit 12,000ft in Mt Ararat, Where the bible say's it lays? Hey at least Christians now have a history.

Christians? Noah was Jewish sir ;) Remember, your old testiment is the Jewish Torah, written long before Christ roamed this earth.

@Precarious, Your not mocking me in the beginning of your sentence are you? Cause I didn't find anything on those two, LOL! I also think it's way beyond crazy that all those old allegorical myths turned out to be reality and not parables.
Yeah, I was joking. You can't find something that never existed in the first place.

Ararat means simply large mountain or hill. At the time the Biblical verses were written (or should I say re-imagined from previous myths from ancient Sumeria, Egypt, Babylon, etc.) there was no mount Ararat. The location in Turkey was given that label much later and only due to its association with the Noah myth. Previously it was called Mount Masis. The Bible does not mention a location, only the "mountains of Ararat" (note "mountains" plural). No evidence of a locality known as Ararat has ever been found.

But don't take my word for it. Here is the opinion of Evangelicals directly involved with the find:

Dr. Randall Price, head of Judaic Studies at Liberty University, had been a cohort of the Noah's Ark Ministries International team until two years ago. He pulled out of the project, sensing they were being taken advantage of by Kurdish guides, who've turned Ark searching into a cottage industry.

"I think we can't rule out the possibility that this is a hoax, because a lot of the things that happen in that region of the world, and especially with the Kurdish guides that are involved, are designed to try to extract money from gullible people," Price said.

But he added: "I'm reserving my opinion at this point until I see how things are developing."

Dr. John Morris, lead archeologist at the Institute for Creation Research, says "I'm leaning towards that the Chinese people have been deceived."

Morris has led 13 expeditions to Mount Ararat looking for the ark. He knows the area well and says of the recent find, "At best, it is an elaborate deception."

More:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/30/noahs-ark-hoax-claim-doesnt-deter-believers/

Another Christian scholar, Liberty University archaeologist Dr. Randall Price, a veteran ark hunter, was involved at one point in this particular "discovery" but denies it has anything to do with The Real Noah's Ark™. Said Price:

I was the archaeologist with the Chinese expedition in the summer of 2008 and was given photos of what they now are reporting to be the inside of the Ark. I and my partners invested $100,000 in this expedition (described below) which they have retained, despite their promise and our requests to return it, since it was not used for the expedition. The information given below is my opinion based on what I have seen and heard (from others who claim to have been eyewitnesses or know the exact details).

To make a long story short: this is all reported to be a fake. The photos were reputed to have been taken off site near the Black Sea, but the film footage the Chinese now have was shot on location on Mt. Ararat. In the late summer of 2008 ten Kurdish workers hired by Parasut, the guide used by the Chinese, are said to have planted large wood beams taken from an old structure in the Black Sea area (where the photos were originally taken) at the Mt. Ararat site. In the winter of 2008 a Chinese climber taken by Parasut's men to the site saw the wood, but couldn't get inside because of the severe weather conditions. During the summer of 2009 more wood was planted inside a cave at the site. The Chinese team went in the late summer of 2009 (I was there at the time and knew about the hoax) and was shown the cave with the wood and made their film. As I said, I have the photos of the inside of the so-called Ark (that show cobwebs in the corners of rafters - something just not possible in these conditions) and our Kurdish partner in Dogubabyazit [stet] (the village at the foot of Mt. Ararat) has all of the facts about the location, the men who planted the wood, and even the truck that transported it.

I realize this myth is tied into religion so people will hold to it and interpret it as literal history. You are all entitled to believe what you want, even if there is no real evidence or even the possibility of a literal event (i.e. fitting a pair of every animal on the earth on a wooden boat with enough food, etc.). Fortunately, I am not blind to the realities. I understand the difference between history and allegory. I can also recognize a retelling of an older tale.

Look into the Babylonian Epic of Gilgamesh (2150-2000 BC) or Zoroastrianism's Avesta (300-1700 BC). Or take a look at a few of the links below.

Solving the Noah's Ark Mystery

http://survive2012.c...p/noahsark.html

The Great Noah's Ark Hoax

http://www.examiner....noah-s-ark-hoax

The Myth of Noah's Ark

http://www.truthbeknown.com/noah.htm

Take all of that however you like. I would hope as adults we can see when the details of a story amount to a fairly tale. There are no giant boats that can hold representatives of all animals (unless we're talking about DNA), and there is not enough water on the planet to flood to the top of Ararat. So you've got to ask yourself what the story is really about. It is only once you quest for an understanding of allegory you stumble onto the esoteric level of myth/religion, which is where the real meat is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0KHt8xrQkk

It must have been planted by the Christians to help substantiate their claims. Excellent job. I don't know how plausible this is, but "don't believe the hype", especially when there isn't any. :p

Ok so how do you explain things like Stone Henge, Easter Island, The Pyramids, Gobekli Tepe? So your telling me it's just a coincidence that Gobekli Tepe is within the same region as Noah's Ark? I don't think they had the knowledge let alone tools to carve out 15 ton blocks of granite and stack them on top of each other 8,000 years before the "earth was born". 12,000 some years ago. Also Gobekli Tepe was purposely buried though, But there is also the Anasazi who where even before that...

Oh and did you ever heard about any of the pyramids found this year? NO..... Media shunned it... The news don't tell you anything... Blood lines, Royalty, Illuminati, that stuff ain't fake. I think fiction is based on fact. It just cause people are so wound up with electronics and new technology and everyday struggle in this world that we are all lost in touch with our spiritual beings. I think we are spiritual beings in physical bodies. That's just how I see it though. Knock me if you want but you really think that people back in the day where more worried about living their lives or making these massive monuments? Making these massive monuments right? So you have to wonder what pushed these people (if any) to do this type of work and live such a life. The Sumerians even said that the Anunnaki (which literally translates into heaven and earth) made us. So that's how I'm going to take it.

Christians? Noah was Jewish sir ;) Remember, your old testiment is the Jewish Torah, written long before Christ roamed this earth.
The ark narrative has been extensively studied by adherents of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, as well as other Abrahamic and non-Abrahamic faiths.

Knock me if you want but you really think that people back in the day where more worried about living their lives or making these massive monuments?
All I'm knocking is taking myth as history. That will lead you in circles and you'll never find truth that way. Not to mention we have no ancient WOODEN artifacts for a reason. Biological materials decay (if they are not fossilized), which is why we are left with only STONE artifacts. That's how archaeologists get away saying ancient cultures didn't have metal tools or pottery! Metal and pottery decay over a much shorter period. Incidentally stone artifacts can only be dated by biological materials found around them, which is not a very sure method considering what I've pointed out above.

I don't recall the Bible mentioning Noah's stoneworking skills and there is no Judaic iconography at Gobekli Tepe so there is no evidence of a connection between the supposed arc and Gobekli Tepe. Ararat is nearly 400 miles from Gobekli Tepe. That's not exactly close. Besides that, Gobekli Tepe is estimated to be 11,000 years old. According to Biblical scholars the world is only 6,000 years old! :D Even if you tie the Noah myth back to the Babylonian Epic of Gilgamesh that only takes us to about 2150 BC!

Stevie, you can't just mix and match without looking more closely at the facts like they do on Ancient Aliens. I mean you can but I will call you out. I'm not trying to make fun of you. I'm just pointing you in the right direction.

The ark narrative has been extensively studied by adherents of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, as well as other Abrahamic and non-Abrahamic faiths.
He's pointing out that ALL of the Old Testament is an adoption of the Jewish Torah. Has nothing to do with who's studied or accepted it. It's a Judaic document. Period. Christians adopted it as part of the accepted form of the Bible. Or should I say Emperor Constantine inserted it even though it represents the Old Covenant vs Christ's New Covenant. There is great conflict between the old and new.

Here is a great book worth looking into...

Jehovah Unmasked!

Another good book is The Bible as History by Werner Keller- talks a lot about archeological finds, if you're interested in that and real scientific explanations for things people thought were miracles. I find stuff like that interesting, and that's about the extent of my interest in the bible..

He's pointing out that ALL of the Old Testament is an adoption of the Jewish Torah. Has nothing to do with who's studied or accepted it. It's a Judaic document. Period. Christians adopted it as part of the accepted form of the Bible. Or should I say Emperor Constantine inserted it even though it represents the Old Covenant vs Christ's New Covenant. There is great conflict between the old and new.

Here is a great book worth looking into...

Jehovah Unmasked!
All I'm knocking is taking myth as history. That will lead you in circles and you'll never find truth that way. Not to mention we have no ancient WOODEN artifacts for a reason. Biological materials decay (if they are not fossilized), which is why we are left with only STONE artifacts. That's how archaeologists get away saying ancient cultures didn't have metal tools or pottery! Metal and pottery decay over a much shorter period. Incidentally stone artifacts can only be dated by biological materials found around them, which is not a very sure method considering what I've pointed out above.

I don't recall the Bible mentioning Noah's stoneworking skills and there is no Judaic iconography at Gobekli Tepe so there is no evidence of a connection between the supposed arc and Gobekli Tepe. Ararat is nearly 400 miles from Gobekli Tepe. That's not exactly close. Besides that, Gobekli Tepe is estimated to be 11,000 years old. According to Biblical scholars the world is only 6,000 years old! :D Even if you tie the Noah myth back to the Babylonian Epic of Gilgamesh that only takes us to about 2150 BC!

Stevie, you can't just mix and match without looking more closely at the facts like they do on Ancient Aliens. I mean you can but I will call you out. I'm not trying to make fun of you. I'm just pointing you in the right direction.
Ok so your telling me that petrified wood does not exist and that carbon dating it fake? Also I know the bible doesn't talk about Gobekli Tepe but that IS a place of worship... 400 miles is also a lot closer to Turkey then anywhere else. Coincidence then right? Everything we know of is just "coincidence" then? Obliviously not if we were wrong about the ancient history people we thought we knew. Again this isn't new news... It just because we're not informed. The Ark supposly found, it made petrified wood. You think it's perfectly good wood? Come on now.... Also if you've ever been to the Museum of Natural Arts down here in New Mexico there are hundreds of WOODEN and METAL artifacts from back in the day... So I don't know where you got that idea from that wood just decays.

Latest posts