Aluine - Sphodromantis lineola

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you think she's going to molt I wouldn't try to handle her.

But a day after she molts you should try it.

I have faith in you! You will not hurt her!

If you think she's going to molt I wouldn't try to handle her.

But a day after she molts you should try it.

I have faith in you! You will not hurt her!
My cutie is a big girl now :) She molts during the night, I took some pictures of her skin still hanged on a plant, it was weird to see that for the first time. I'll post pictures later.

She is so biiiiiig, I don't understand how a so big mantis can be in a so small body, that's amazing... She's beautiful <3

I didn't knew she will be like this as an adult, it's stunning.

I let her dry, she's hanged on a place I can't reach with the D90 so no picture of the young lady today but I can't stop watching her, she's gorgeous :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

I could tell that the molt was coming soon by the photos of her.

I had a male Hierodula multispina molt into adult in the wee hours of this morning.

He was so weak and cloudy looking, and wouldn't stop moving around the container to find the right spot. I was so nervous that I tried to stay up to see if he would make it OK. I never noticed a mantis be that worried about his foot placement! He was testing all parts of his enclosure for about an hour. It was as if he were afraid to get on with it. :( I gave up, went to sleep, and woke up to a lovely new adult. :D

Even after keeping insects for a couple of years, I still get nervous about their ecdysis and am amazed by the changes in their bodies. ;)

Congratulations!

I could tell that the molt was coming soon by the photos of her.

I had a male Hierodula multispina molt into adult in the wee hours of this morning.

He was so weak and cloudy looking, and wouldn't stop moving around the container to find the right spot. I was so nervous that I tried to stay up to see if he would make it OK. I never noticed a mantis be that worried about his foot placement! He was testing all parts of his enclosure for about an hour. It was as if he were afraid to get on with it. :( I gave up, went to sleep, and woke up to a lovely new adult. :D

Even after keeping insects for a couple of years, I still get nervous about their ecdysis and am amazed by the changes in their bodies. ;)
I see that she's not confident today, she's nervous. Usually when I open the Exo-Terra she juste moves her head to watch what I do but that's all. Today when I opened the door to take her skin, she try to escape far from me as she was afraid :(

I let her alone but I just want to stare at her, she's so beautiful :)

Question : when should I feed her again ?

photo_17.jpg

photo_18.jpg

photo_19.jpg

I'll try to shoot her tomorrow, if she lets me :)

I see that she's not confident today, she's nervous. Usually when I open the Exo-Terra she juste moves her head to watch what I do but that's all. Today when I opened the door to take her skin, she try to escape far from me as she was afraid :(

I let her alone but I just want to stare at her, she's so beautiful :)

Question : when should I feed her again ?

I'll try to shoot her tomorrow, if she lets me :)
I fed my Creo 36 hours after she molted to adult, but my Ghost didnt eat for 2 days after molting to L5.

She was moving, I couldn't resist to have a rapid photo shoot... :innocent:

photo_20.jpg

photo_21.jpg

photo_22.jpg

photo_23.jpg

photo_24.jpg

And I thought about it before, but Aluine became an adult and had her last molt the day my dog Aeydann died 2 years ago... Symbolic...

nouill11.jpg

Miss him... :(

First meal as an adult :) She molts three days ago.

http://youtu.be/u5VNFe7Rmes

[EDIT] I don't know why the movie is a link and not a direct viewer... I used the right code, it's weird...
[EDIT 2] YEAH !!! It finally works...lol

Taken with my Lumix, a bit better than the iPhone ^^

Pictures will follow.