Blepharopsis Consolidated

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Color variation is starting to show. Some are brown some orange white and one is starting to get some blue. These guys know how to eat. One bb every other day is what they should be feed at L5. L4s can take bbs and will but prefer hfs. Gripping smooth surfaces is better than my idolos and trachy but worse than ghosts or creos. I sand the inside of the inclosers to make them empusidea proof. Ventilation is a must! Don't let the humidity get to high. Keep the heat up! If conditions are met they will moult fast fast fast. If not they will moult extremely slowly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your signature gripen

Anyways mine love to just sit around doin nothin and watch me and everything else

More peaceful than my popa hierodula and creos who fight through the cages lol

Terribly :p

And they didn't sit well in my tummy :p

JK they r fine, hoping my bbs eclose soon (won't be long cause some supplier sent me pupae when I ordered maggots grr) because they r getting hungry

They seem to be able to go a while without food but eat too much in the presence of food

I have noticed that too. I was unable to feed them for 4 days and they were fine. How are they doing communally?

Very interesting. How would you rate them on a communal scale from 1 to 10 (1 being will rip each other to pieces and 10 being scared of each othe).

I would agree with that. They love flies but not siblings... Unless they look REALY yummy :)

I'll have to check mine for color variation. I still have my four biggest nymphs living in a net together. I have nymphs of various other sizes L1, L2, L3, L4 living in nets together. There are too many to tell if there is any cannabalism happening. The only time I noticed it was when I had nymphs that just hatched in an 80 ounce deli container. It was too crowded, and I noticed a head missing from one of the nymphs.

got my first L6 today! he is about the size of an L4 idolo.

...shhhhh... i love these guys! way way better than idolos in my mind.

Agent A, are you off from school today?

I love the b. Mendicas, too. I just wish they turned green before they molted to adults. I'm not seeing any color on my L5/L6 nymphs.