Bugatorium

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha, ancient Chinese secret! I do get a few on my, but rarely ever do they get loose, for some reason they get out of some of my containers, haven't figured out how though.

'
I just happened to notice those two old unhatched oothecae that looked so see-through were Hoplocorypha.

One of the coolest mantids. It has a huge horn on its head.
I think somebody has the wrong family and genus for that horn headed species. Hoplocorypha look like a bigger Oligonicella and are Thespidae. The one with the horn looks like it comes from the Mantidae.

I think somebody has the wrong family and genus for that horn headed species. Hoplocorypha look like a bigger Oligonicella and are Thespidae. The one with the horn looks like it comes from the Mantidae.
The one with the horn is a empusadea sp.

The empusid is Hypsicorypha. It's totally unrelated to the oothecae except the spelling is a little similar.

Just finished reading the entire thread. I have to say I'm amazed and incredibly jealous. Also what happened to the super worms that got out of the cloth lid? ever find them? :p

Maybe the mantids that get to hang around in the room got an extra treat.

When I get my mantids, I hope to set up a little shelf in my room to keep them on. Hopefully it looks as neat as yours

Now thats a beautiful thing!

100_0340.jpg

Latest posts