Bugatorium

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one for you, I was breeding some bbs and was using a 5 gal pail for icecream with a vented top. Put it outside with rotting catfood and sour milk with my pupae, next morning I went outside and the container was turned over and most of the cornmeal was out from the vented top, I turned it back over and placed it back in its hiding place in a big plastic container where rain could not get in. Went out this morning and it was no where to be found!

Went to the barn tonight to get some hurricane clips for the deck over the lake and I noticed the container under a big bush. I pulled it out and all flies and food clumped together and what a stink. Now what do u suppose, a cat, a raccoon or what was taking off with it? Now I have to start over with something else, as the cat food is just bringing varmits around.

Oh, yuck! I don't think I could ever raise bb's - too gross. And I doubt my mom could handle all of the maggots. There are enough flies pestering us year-round here that I wouldn't ever need to raise any. :angry: So sick of flies! Although I guess they are good for my mantids. :D

Oh, yuck! I don't think I could ever raise bb's - too gross. And I doubt my mom could handle all of the maggots. There are enough flies pestering us year-round here that I wouldn't ever need to raise any. :angry: So sick of flies! Although I guess they are good for my mantids. :D
I get a bunch of dog food, set it in the sun, put it in the shed after eggs r laid, and then harvest maggers in a few days

I cant smell so I guess it doesn't bother me

anosmic power!

They would die in a shed here if closed, and I have replace the roof and a side with raccoons eating their way thru, and under the shed, I shutter to think what is living there.

I live where it gets to be 115 degrees in summer, yet they still make it in. We had rats last year from under our neighbor's deck too. Ugh... We had a skunk living under the shed before. He's not there any more, but he'd better not come back because now we have a dog. That could be bad news!

We have raccoons too... I'm just worried my dog will get sprayed and them come running through the house. That would be just my luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both raccoons and skunks can bite, skunks prefer to spray though. Raccoons are horrible, some killed my doves. I just could not stop them.

Both raccoons and skunks can bite, skunks prefer to spray though. Raccoons are horrible, some killed my doves. I just could not stop them.
Oh, no! That's terrible! We had a hawk come to one of our bird feeders a while back and grab a mourning dove, but luckily it hit the window and dropped the bird as it flew away. That was a close call. Sorry to hear about your doves though. :(

We always see raccoons at night around here. They scare me because they can carry rabies.

I tried asking the humane soc. for help taking my doves but they would not help me.I have never liked raccoons but now that feeling is stronger. I will never trust the humane society either!

Animal control around here won't catch raccoons. They make you trap them yourself, which is very dangerous. They get real nasty. They like to attack mantids in cages outdoors too.

Raccoons are the :devil2: . I would be happy never to see another raccoon.

Note to self: never leave your mantids outdoors. We also have a lot of opossums, but they don't hurt anything. I don't think....

Why would it do that? Lol. At least your son helped you. Before I was born, my mom and dad lived in the country where they would hear raccoons on the roof every night!

Speaking of wild animals, a squirrel just ate one of the perfectly ripe tomatoes my mom had in her garden. Grr... :mad:

Check out my site, Our very own Krissim Klaw has contracted to make pictures for my site and I have been holding back, cause I am too lazy :kiss: to put them up! So check out her photos or pics and watch for me to post more, her work is wonderful!

Latest posts