Bugfest 2012! The theme is mantids!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Florida and used to keep G grisea...next weekend is a long weekend so I will go look for some then, but no guarantees...they are hard little buggers to find :p

I live in Florida and used to keep G grisea...next weekend is a long weekend so I will go look for some then, but no guarantees...they are hard little buggers to find :p
I should have a line on them as well as the others. Waiting to her back from the guy though. I hear tree trunks at night is the key.

One week!! If you're near Raleigh, NC please come visit. I'll be in the Nature Resource Center. I have quite a display this year. Ooths, live and preserved mantids, books, magazines, posters, etc.

I had a few native things from my bugfest I hoped would make it for yours but they've all gone the way of the doornail. The only thing I have of any possible use are a few invertebrate magazines with mantids on the cover but you may already have those.

I had a few native things from my bugfest I hoped would make it for yours but they've all gone the way of the doornail. The only thing I have of any possible use are a few invertebrate magazines with mantids on the cover but you may already have those.
I was going to ask you. I thought I had several, but the only one I have contains the article by Ray Dryer on R. stalli. I'll gladly take the others. Let me know the details. Gotta have them before Friday this week. Thanks.

Did they at least produce an ooth?
Yes. Two. I'll get em out to you guys soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deader than a doornail as the saying goes. :eek:nline2long:
so sorry to hear

maybe it was something she ate :(

Did they at least produce an ooth?
2, one for each of us, i wish she made more so rick and rebecca could have some, but there will be a new generation soon enough

Were they shipped as live specimens?
they were very much alive when sent out

I was going to ask you. I thought I had several, but the only one I have contains the article by Ray Dryer on R. stalli. I'll gladly take the others. Let me know the details. Gotta have them before Friday this week. Thanks.

Yes. Two. I'll get em out to you guys soon.
i need info on rhombo stali

mine r almost all female and growin rapidly, sometimes molting every 5 days

when the ooth's nymphs grow up and reproduce i'll be sure to get an ooth or 2 out to u

i have an old hatched cali ooth if u want it...

I could have used the cali ooth. the ooth display is already done though. I'd have to tear it all apart to add another one.

I dug out Vol. 6, 4 and Vol. 8, 2 and came across a few X-nism mantis prints. I'll get them out first class today.

Is there a bugfest 2014?

or do we start a new thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
oops... sorry.. didn't want to step on any toes... I was just reading this.. and wondered if it was still going on...

Sorry...