Cochises pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Lady

Reaction score
My girl mantis likes to explore my desk and this evening she climbed on my screen :p She wants to play games too.

turn your back2.jpg

want to play too2.jpg

Nice, glad to see your girl is wanting to play too. :D

Mantids do seem to like climbing a screen, likely to get up higher or the very slight warmth a LCD makes. After one of my mantids did that I used it to make a cheezy video. ;)

that vid is funny :lol: maybe i should try and film it too.
Thanks, it does make for a rather interesting memory of pet long past too. :) Might as well, and depending on your monitor background (or video) you could make about anything. :D

for now she hangs at the top lid instead of the plants (fake ones) I have put in there :p to give her a nature feeling.

My mantis often will try to attack the small things moving around the screen when I'm playing an app game

My mantis often will try to attack the small things moving around the screen when I'm playing an app game
He think there are little snacks running on your screen. I think that would look funny. :p

Cochise was exploring and she ended on a cola bottle. I saw she could use somthing to eat and yes she was hungry and started to eat. :p

nom1.png

Cochise did some funny stuff today and here are the pics.

acrobatic cleaning.png

Chochise here wandering on my desk after I fed the crickets and she climbed on the box and started cleaning herself and how she is standing here I thought it wasn't possible. Cochise is very flexible :p

chochise hunt.png

This is now: she loves exploring and found the cricket box. She sees the crickets and wants to hunt them, she attacks and no prey in her legs. She doesn't see there is a wall between her and them :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Cochise molted 1,5 days ago and she had a good molt. Her left backleg is healed now. It isn't bend anymore. I was worried about that leg.

I woke up sunday morning at 4 am just in time to see her molt. I wanted to film it, but sadly enough battery was empty. But I have watched the whole proces. and was happy to see all her legs were looking normal. She has grown a bit again and is 6 cm now. What  I saw was the middle piece of her body was grown larger.

vervellen L7.jpg

leg is healed.jpg

Left behind leg looks normal again :)

first meal after molt.jpg

This morning she started to eat again after 7 days of no food and she was in the mood for walking on my desk again. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, she’s beautiful! Congratulations on the molt. Nice that she straightened out her legs, now she has to keep them straight.  :p

@Little Mantis Great! Nice to see your girl Cochise molted and healed her leg too. :D

Too bad about the battery, I know the problem all too well myself. Whenever I buy a camera my first purchase afterwards is a few spare batteries and another charger too. Hopefully your battery will be ready for her next and final molt (judging by her wing buds). :)

Thanks for the replies.

The middle piece has grown a lot indeed.(don't know how it is called) so she has 1 more molt to go? I think she is L7 at the moment. I thought she was L4 when i bought her. But i dont know for sure. ;-)

If she has 1 molt to go hen she is a "teenage" mantis now B) I will try to keep my camera ready to record her next  molt and be awake for it so i don't miss it.

Sure it is all fun and games until someone looses a life because their is a giant mantis butt blocking the screen. ;)

All her photos are adorable and I love the text you added. Too funny.

Latest posts