Cochises pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunter? she/he is a L3. Still a baby.

Now it is time to meet Bob:

He is smaller than I thought he would be ;) But he arrived in good health. I opend the lid of the container he was in and he ran out of it. Happy to be free. :p I can imagine after days sitting in a dark box.

free.jpg

Starving.jpg

I didn't had something smaller than this. Fruitflies are too small. So gave him the smallest roach.

nomming roach.jpg

So I removed the head and broke the roach in pieces so he could eat it. I put a piece of roach on my tweezers and put it before his mouth and he started to eat. He ate 2/3 piece of the roach. the last piece I gave to Cochise. I still think those are good feeders.

bob 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He's pretty! You said he is sub adult? I just had a male ghost molt to subadult today! The words on the pictures don't have the same effect with him that they do on Cochise, but it is still cute! 

- MantisGirl13

Gratz on the molt :)

No, he isn't sub adult. He is pre sub adult. and very small. Think I am too used to cochise her size :p Cochise is huge when you look at the 2. They shared a grasshopper today: very romantic  :wub: Maybe I should buy Bob some crickets... And I hope they (petstore) will have dubias again. I prefer the dubias over the grasshoppers.

Why is the text on Bobs pic not the same as Cochise?

Cochise has a lot of character, and it almost seems like she is thinking and saying the words that you write! Why did you name him Bob? You are lucky to have a pet store near you that sells roaches. Mine only sells crickets. I hope that Cochise fell in love with Bob over their romantis,  :) (see what I did there?) struggling dinner!

- MantisGirl13

I asked some friends what name to give him. Somehow I had already Bob in my mind and one friends my said "Bob". I decided it was Bob.

Bob will grow character too. I still need to learn what his personality is. :)

sharing.jpg

About the dubias: I went 2x to the petstore last week to see if they had some dubias, But nope. Thety didnt come. I hope next Tuesday when fresh feeder aminals are deleivered I hope they will have them this time.

That is a cute picture!! I hope that the dubias arrive st your pet store soon! How do you get a profile picture?

- MantisGirl13

You go to your profile page and at the right side you will see your "blue M" on your M you see a symbol. You click on that and then you can add a pic from your comp to it. If I remebering it right, your profile picture has to be 100x100 px.

The picture I choose was 1 of Cochise as nimph eating a cricket.

It always says that my pic is too big, and when I crop it it says the same thing!

- MantisGirl13

@MantisGirl13 It means size as in how much space it takes up. I used an image resizer app on my mobile. The one I have, I set it to 550 by 550.

1_AFA0_AE2-5_ACB-430_E-99_E8-60_B5250_BFBF1.png

49_E5_E8_BE-_E2_FB-474_C-_A9_F0-_DABB0916_C2_BF.png

Great! I'll check it out, and then let you know how it went. Thanks!

- MantisGirl13

good luck. :)

One of my grasshoppers decided to molt to adulthood and had a totally mismolt. I had to end the life of the poor creature. But i gave his abdomen to Bob who ate a big piece of it. So a part of its body came in a stomach of a mantis:.

bob nomming.jpg

Good way to dispose of it! You have a fat Bob now, I'm sure!

- MantisGirl13

Bobs belly is full, yes ;) I didn't gave the rest to Cochise, because her belly is still full. I like it that you can feed Bob bodyparts with putting it before his mouth. He starts eating and then he grabs it. Very cute.

I usually find that very helpful (the fact that you can hand-feed mantids). I love watching my babies eat!

- MantisGirl13

I think most mantids have a big appetite! I am so surprised at how fast my Phyllocrania paradoxa go through roaches!

- MantisGirl13

meh.png

Scooby, my dog walked by and I saw Cochise moving her head to where Scooby was. She keeps an eye to everything when she is sitting there. :p

grumpy.jpg

I wanted to move Cochise to a better place to sit, but she didn't like it and I got a threat pose from her. But she wasn't long grumpy at me when I had her in my hand. ;)

bob nomming2.jpg

Bob eating a half grasshopper. But he didn't eat everything. The other half went to Cochise. I bought some crickets for him. then he has something to hunt during feeding time.

Cute! They are sharing a grasshopper again! It is good that you have a mantis that pays attention to the dog! That way she won't end up as food! Maybe the dog scared her and that's why she gave you the threat pose?

- MantisGirl13

Cochise climbs always up when she is free, so the dog can't reach her. I think she gave me the threat pose because I wanted to move her, because she was hanging beween some stuff on my desk.

Latest posts