Cochises pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure they will be, they will have the genes of Cochise and Bob.?

I was playing a game and didn't see Cochise climbing on my screen. On the moment of writing this, she is still sitting on the same spot.

cochise-screen.jpg

Yeah, i saw movement at the right side of the screen, thought it was an enemy, but  it was Cochise. ? Now she is sitting on another place. for sure there i can find  little mantis poops there now ? Good her poop is dry, easy to clean.

Cochise on the table being pretty for my family during camping trip.

cochise2.jpg

It is so hot here at home, I thought Cochise could be thirsty like me. I held her a tea spoon with some water before her mouth and she drank of it. Sadly no pics of it because I was alone at home.

Thirsty girl! I love watching my mantids drink. I love watching them do anything! :)  

- MantisGirl13

I love seeing them doing anything too. Somehow it is calming seeing them doing stuff. No hurrying  (except for grabbing prey, taking their time while climbing, the way they look. Just came home and sit down and Cochise looking at me: hey you are back?

Bob got a piece of roach, but he didn't eat everything. Cochise would have devoured the roach whole. Bob leaves leftovers like: i am full so done eating and drop his food. Cochise never did that. But he likes the white stuff that is in the roach. ;)

nomming roach.png

My ghosts love the white fat in the dubias. Roaches are the best source of food!

- MantisGirl13

But they are big. Little Bob can't eat 1 whole. His abdomen will explode I think. He is not a big eater. what i give him is often shared with Cochise. Even small crickets is not eaten totally.

But Bob loves the white goo in roaches.

:)  Most older male nymphs are not huge eaters. At least he is eating!

- MantisGirl13

Yup I am happy with that. Even it isn't much. Still have much to learn about mantids. I am wondering how big Bob will be when he is grown up. (2 molts to go)  He is very small. I know males are smaller than females. Cochise looks huge beside him. :eek:

:)  Can you post a pic of them side by side or something so we can see the size difference?

- MantisGirl13

Ok. Don't do it if Cochise is too aggressive! We don't want Bob to be decapitated yet! ;)  

- MantisGirl13

Cochise did nothing and Bob enjoyed eating his cricket. The pic is bad, but you can see size difference between Bob and Cochise. There are no heads lost ;)

bob and cochise.jpg

The cricket was shared with Cochise. It was too big for the little guy. But he ate well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I can see a size difference, but that should be made up when Bob molts. 

- MantisGirl13

BTW, Good job taking the picture without Cochise hunting Bob!

- MantisGirl13

I think Cochise was sleeping :p She didn't respond when i was holding Bob close to her. Not even moving her head.

Bob is lazy with molting. Or he will do it secretly like Flash did.?

:)  Wow! You must have tired her out a lot! Maybe he will do it secretly! You never know when he will!
- MantisGirl13

Tired her? ?She has a lazy life: just hanging upside down, watching everyone in the room, climbing me or my desk, getting food, teaspoons water when it is hot. :p

And a Bob update: He secretly molted last night. I will feed him tomorrow. They like to do it at night I think when nobody is watching.  He has 1 molt to go to get ready for mating his girlfriend Cochise❤️

bob and his molt.jpg

Pic is blurry because he is in his home and don't want to disturb him while he is hardening his skin. (think he is ready to move to bigger home now)

Last edited by a moderator: