Cochises pics

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave Bob a nice treat:

bob nomming cricket.jpg

Cochise had already one yesterday , so she can just look at the box today.failed cricket hunt2.jpg

Cochise musn't get too fat :p I have decided to take the crickets with me on the weekend out. Cochise and Bob can both eat from those. the Fruitflies are for the nymphs.

The dubias will stay at home.

Cool! Crickets are good travel food, and Cochise will have something to keep her from getting bored! How old is Cochise now?

- MantisGirl13

I  don't know. I got her in last year december. She molted 4 times with me.') I hope she will stay with me a few more months and I hope to get her to mate with Bob and get a nice nice ooth so Cochise and Bob will live in the new babies.

Crickets are more snacks for Cochise I think if she can eat a whole sub adult grasshopper in 1 go ;)

I really hope that Cochise and Bob will live on in their babies! GROW UP FASTER, BOB!

- MantisGirl13

I think Bob need to molt soon, He don't want to eat for last 3 days. He slabs his food instead of grabbing it. I am happy we don't need to travel anymore so Bob can take his time to prepare for molt. I will show new pics later. ;)

Great! Lets hope he has a successful molt! Is he pre-sub or sub-adult?

- MantisGirl13

I think Bob is very close to his molt when I look at him at the moment. I don't know if I can stay up to watch it happening ;) Then he has to molt on his own.

A couple of days ago he didn't wanted to eat a juicy cricket. He did this:

NO.jpg

That was why he didn't got the crane flies i caught in my caravan: don't want have uninvited insects there except for the ones who are allowed to be there ;)

cochise nomming.jpg

The crane fly was a snack for Cochise. But she enjoyed it.

where.jpg

Well, I hope he grows up quickly and with no complications. I can see the wings forming inside the wingbuds of my female subadult B. Mendica. I have been waiting for her molt for months! It looks like she will molt to adult either tonight or tomorrow. I am so excited!

- MantisGirl13

I can imagine. I had the same with Cochise. And then seeing them to pump up their wings. that is the only part of Cochises last molt I saw.

Bob didn't molt yet. I hope it will be soon. I really love to have a fertile ooth of Bob and Cochise.

Cochise was just being a bad bad mantis.

While I was walking my dog Cochise decided to climb om Bobs home. Poor little Bob got scared:

:bad mantis].jpg

I removed her so Bob feels ok again. I can imagine Bob being scared if you see a HUGE mantis climbing on your home.

Hmm i thought bob was close to molt but i have been mistaken.?

He is eating again:

bob nomming3.jpg

This surprises me: even with her fat abdomen Cochise can bend herself to do some cleaning.

fat.jpg

When are females going to lay ooths? I don't know that yet. Cochise is my first adult female. I hope she waits till she mates with Bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
He will be one lucky kid! Cochise's babies will be adorable!

- MantisGirl13