Coronavirus: Thoughts?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lady works in a long-term care facility. She's watching people die.

Today, she said goodbye to one of her favourites.

The lady is out of it already. Shes not expected to make the night.

Whoever thinks this is BS is a dumb ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no! Im praying for you! Hopefully if you do have it, you can recover quickly.

- MantisGirl13 
Yeah, If my calculations are right i am on day 6, today is the worst day, fever close to 102 and I can feel my chest being sore. Still not unbearable though. . I think i am pretty healthy though, I have been doing CrossFit for a year now. 

Sad to hear it is happing at your place too. Here in NL are care houses for the elderly ppl got corona too and died. Here we have shotages for masks, gloves and other proctective clothing. 😟

Here the lockdown is prolonged till may 15. I am reading more and more sad stories of ppl who lost their jobs, buisnesses... i dont know what is wisdom how to handle this. proctecting the elderly  and weak  (ppl who has health problems. I am 1 of them too when i think of it) and keep jobs going.

I agree. It's nuts how people can actually think a virus that kills people is fake just because they don't have it. Shows how many people lack empathy, which I find incredibly troubling.

Finally after 10 days i get my first day of feeling better. Hoping its all clear sailing from here. 
Just take it easy, I heard of the virus fluctuating as well. Almost 100% then wham, hits you like a brick. My friend had to to ER after 2 days of feeling better with no fever after getting the virus for 15 days. It's such a tricky thing. Stay safe fellow mantid lover.

I just find this entire thing stupid because of how President Trump is handling it on the US. If we had gone into lockdown earlier there would be much less deaths.

I just find this entire thing stupid because of how President Trump is handling it on the US. If we had gone into lockdown earlier there would be much less deaths.
I think it is beyond stupid. I love how people say things are fake news when they just simply don't like the information.

It's ignorant and the people complaining that it's being political is actually MAKING it political. The virus will hurt you no matter what faction you are in. We should have been in early lockdown. The virus can only survive with hosts. We are giving the virus so so many host. The protesters are ripe for virus infection. In a crisis ,the worst of humanity always shows its ugly head. 

When Trump touts BS " cures" and the maker of Lysol has to tell you NOT to swallow disinfection means we have reached a new low. 

O.k. done with my rant. You don't have to agree and please leave all the racist remarks out of this discussion even if you really really want to add it. That seems to be the second retort when I speak to ignorant people. Some of my extended family included... sadly.

Just take it easy, I heard of the virus fluctuating as well. Almost 100% then wham, hits you like a brick. My friend had to to ER after 2 days of feeling better with no fever after getting the virus for 15 days. It's such a tricky thing. Stay safe fellow mantid lover.
Thanks for the advice, i will watch out for it popping back up.

I think the President is doing just as good as anyone in that position would be doing right now. But you have people that are going to look for anything to poke at him. A reason to blame him. People are the problem, not the president. This is the real problem. I understand this is a bad pandemic. But we are not the America were were 100 years ago. 100 years ago we could have shut down the whole US and survived. We now rely on too many other countries. Today, if we were to shut everything down, we would never recover and the economy would crash. 

The president didn’t even think the virus was real for a while, wanted to open church for Easter, and has been incredibly rude to reporters asking questions about what he is going to do. So I respectfully disagree, he could be handling it a heck of a lot better.

I think the President is doing just as good as anyone in that position would be doing right now. But you have people that are going to look for anything to poke at him. A reason to blame him. People are the problem, not the president. This is the real problem. I understand this is a bad pandemic. But we are not the America were were 100 years ago. 100 years ago we could have shut down the whole US and survived. We now rely on too many other countries. Today, if we were to shut everything down, we would never recover and the economy would crash. 
I disagree emphatically. The US had a pandemic response team set up by the Obama administration during the ebola crisis.

In fact, most nations did the same. Canada was hit by SARS back in the early 2000s and knew to take pandemic events more seriously.

Trump dismantled his team of experts. Now the US leads in cases and deaths.

Coincidence?

I'm not denying the fact there is a virus going around. And that ppl are dying from it. 

But I think there are lessons we can learn from this. We should all try to boost our immune systems. Eat fresh veggies, fruits, greens , garlic try to protect naturally and strengthen. 

For us it is nerve wracking to have this going around and my grandmother with lung cancer. So I sypathize and have empathy for the sufferers. 

Ppl are losing their livelihood! As a small business owner myself I can sympathize with those who are seriously struggling. 

But I know we can't stay quarantined forever. We have to bounce back and if their is an influx of cases, we can't stay quarantined! It will totally ruin our economy and worse. 

Stay safe! Pray! Be kind!

I'm not denying the fact there is a virus going around. And that ppl are dying from it. 

But I think there are lessons we can learn from this. We should all try to boost our immune systems. Eat fresh veggies, fruits, greens , garlic try to protect naturally and strengthen. 

For us it is nerve wracking to have this going around and my grandmother with lung cancer. So I sypathize and have empathy for the sufferers. 

Ppl are losing their livelihood! As a small business owner myself I can sympathize with those who are seriously struggling. 

But I know we can't stay quarantined forever. We have to bounce back and if their is an influx of cases, we can't stay quarantined! It will totally ruin our economy and worse. 

Stay safe! Pray! Be kind!
I am not sure boosting your immune system helps. I was really healthy, CrossFit 5 days a week. I eat tons of fruits and veggies, and lean meats. I meal prep weekly. Multivitamins and minerals. It still hit me hard. The best bet from my experience is wear a mask. The mask wont guarantee but it can help lower the viral count you are exposed too. I am going on 4 weeks since I was infected and I still have random symptoms like getting dizzy and tired fast. I lost 17 pounds in 2 weeks, majority of that was muscle. I am thankful it ran its course and is gone for the most part.

Latest posts