Coronavirus: Thoughts?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m happy you are mostly better...a family friend nearly died from the virus recently. Luckily he bounced back after being on a respirator for 3 weeks.

I’m happy you are mostly better...a family friend nearly died from the virus recently. Luckily he bounced back after being on a respirator for 3 weeks.
Thanks, That is good to hear that he has recovered.

I went out for a run today, I can say to my surprise my lungs feel more powerful than before. Maybe it was all the coughing and the spirometer I used daily that kept them strong.

And guess what? A lot of countries are lying about the number of cases. There is about 2 million confirmed right now but its probably twice that amount or even more because of either communist china lying, russia not being truthful, and others. Think about it China is the second most densely populated country on Earth and made the virus yet it has zero new cases? And also people arent being tested so there is even more we don’t know about.

So many dead, America. 😔

And lots of young. Definitely mostly aged folk, but sooo many young.

And now, America is burning. At least they wear masks.

Recently there have been peaceful protests in my town about the death of George Floyd that at night have turned into riots. They have turned so violent and crazy, police officers have had to use rubber bullets and pepper-balls after the rioters have used fire works and threw rocks at the police. 2 buildings were burnt down (a bank and a designing store), lots of windows broken, and many stores looted. Even the police station was covered in profanities made with spray paint. I don’t even know how many cases are going to sprout from this but it’s not going to be good.

Oh btw.... How is it possible that China...who created this thing... Has 0% new cases/deaths and they are a big country with millions of people? 

Also btw... If you've been watching the US news I recommend investigating for yourself because a lot of it is NOT true. I live here, I should know. They say hospitals are beginning to fill up AGAIN.... Not true! They were never full to overflowing in the first place. 

My uncle, in active duty, was sent with his unit to set up a temporary hospital to relive the "overflowing" hospitals.... They mayor sent them back after they had no patients because the hospitals were NOT overflowing. My uncle told us this. I should know. 

I know there is a virus going around but people just need to look beyond the MEDIA to the FACTS. 

Oh btw.... How is it possible that China...who created this thing... Has 0% new cases/deaths and they are a big country with millions of people? 

Also btw... If you've been watching the US news I recommend investigating for yourself because a lot of it is NOT true. I live here, I should know. They say hospitals are beginning to fill up AGAIN.... Not true! They were never full to overflowing in the first place. 

My uncle, in active duty, was sent with his unit to set up a temporary hospital to relive the "overflowing" hospitals.... They mayor sent them back after they had no patients because the hospitals were NOT overflowing. My uncle told us this. I should know. 

I know there is a virus going around but people just need to look beyond the MEDIA to the FACTS. 
I agree, the Media is 100% of the problem. America is not in bad shape, our economy is still booming. It is election year so they are feeding the sheep. If you turn the news off you won’t see a difference in now and before the virus hit. 

I don’t even believe the virus has infected as many people as they say it has.

I have met people that surved corona and suffering the side effects of it.  (While I was staying at revalidation center).The virus is no lie.

I hate the media that scare people with corona and more corona😣 They are talking about a second wave and scare people with that. If you keep basic rules: stay at home if you have symtones. Less ppl will get sick an will help in the winter too with flu season.

I am starting to see side effects of it I didn’t know i had. 

this is 5 months ago. Hopefully they go away and i lose nothing from it.

I agree, the Media is 100% of the problem. America is not in bad shape, our economy is still booming. It is election year so they are feeding the sheep. If you turn the news off you won’t see a difference in now and before the virus hit. 

I don’t even believe the virus has infected as many people as they say it has.
I completely agree that the media is a problem, not to name names but certain networks spreading borderline conspiracy theories and twisting facts to support a certain person. I also agree the numbers of infected aren't accurate, US tests are inaccurate and low in supply causing many cases to go unrecorded. Also, we have done a very poor job in tracking cases, especially compared to South Korea. 

But to say that our economy doing well?! I don't care if the stock market is slowly starting to heal when about 47.2% of Americans are unemployed (according to Bureau of Labor Statistics). And to say that there no difference? So is it a coincidence when my grandmother had a seizure the hospital didn't have room for her and she was sent home with the recommendation to "rest"? 

It is really sad that science has become political, and because of this thousands will lose their lives. 

I completely agree that the media is a problem, not to name names but certain networks spreading borderline conspiracy theories and twisting facts to support a certain person. I also agree the numbers of infected aren't accurate, US tests are inaccurate and low in supply causing many cases to go unrecorded. Also, we have done a very poor job in tracking cases, especially compared to South Korea. 

But to say that our economy doing well?! I don't care if the stock market is slowly starting to heal when about 47.2% of Americans are unemployed (according to Bureau of Labor Statistics). And to say that there no difference? So is it a coincidence when my grandmother had a seizure the hospital didn't have room for her and she was sent home with the recommendation to "rest"? 

It is really sad that science has become political, and because of this thousands will lose their lives. 
Maybe it is your local government and the state that you live in. We don’t have this issue in my state. 

Latest posts