Excited

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben.M

Reaction score
Today i've ordered a hot glue gun :p , yup some must think im sad for being excited at getting a glue gun but i've seen so many cool and helpful things that have been made on her but 99% of them involved a glue gun so finally i can do some of those things ;) , for a start i'm gonna make a net cage out of mesh and bamboo(bamboo coz its light and looks nice), if anyone has any other good ideas for my new tool they could give me then please do,

Ben.M :D

Last edited by a moderator:
bamboo... theres a thought. for the net cage you could try to split the bamboo right down the middle, then insert an edge of mesh between the two halves, glue gun it all and then press the other half of bamboo, sealing the mesh inbetween them. this would be a fiarly quick and easy way to make mesh panels. although the way bamboo has nobles and dents and kinks and little ridges might make it dificult to make the cage seal together tight to prevent escapees/escaped flies, though im sure youwill figure it out. good luck!

bamboo... theres a thought. for the net cage you could try to split the bamboo right down the middle, then insert an edge of mesh between the two halves, glue gun it all and then press the other half of bamboo, sealing the mesh inbetween them. this would be a fiarly quick and easy way to make mesh panels. although the way bamboo has nobles and dents and kinks and little ridges might make it dificult to make the cage seal together tight to prevent escapees/escaped flies, though im sure youwill figure it out. good luck!
Hadnt thoguht about splitting the bamboo, thanx for that :p

60w is probably one of those really hot glue kind. It can probably injur you pretty bad if you get it on yourself. Well, I don't know, maybe it uses 60w to heat up and then drops to 10w when it's warm enough. I'm really happy with my 10w cheapo one.

Latest posts