going to hawaii want some mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mongoslade2110,

When I removed your other thread about bringing back longhorn beetles from Hawaii, you stated that you had permits for them. I would like to know specifically what species of longhorn beetle you have a permit for.? With your pending trip, I assume this information is conveniently at arm's length. Here's the link for you to login and do a quick copy/paste for us: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/permits/

As I stated in my private message to you, Mantidforum does not condone the importation of live specimens into the US, or such things as phasmids or longhorn beetles between states. Further, Mantidforum does not condone lying in the sales threads.

Essentially, you've come to the point where you either have to prove you have permits, or humbly admit that you don't. Your membership on this forum is at stake here. I highly recommend you participate in a timely and public solution to this situation.

If you have been lying (and admit it), you will receive 1 warn point for every person you have lied to in this thread, up to this point. Your other option is to produce disappear, not responding to this thread, in which case you will be banned from the forum in a few days.

I will ask that all other members give him this chance and especially refrain from personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi peter i sent my prof an email and he is going to send me a copy of the permits than i can show you guys they have a lot of personal info on them so i will just send them to you peter and im new here and even if this is against me it shows me you guys are active on and you guys care so thats great

Chlorophorus annularis (bamboo longhorn beetle) if can which needs lots of bamboo to successfully breed and theirs non here in Kansas

no phasmids highly stupid to bring to the main land

and some Chamaeleo jacksonii

Phelsuma madagascariensis grandis

i cant sell reptiles the permit states for those educational use only

hi peter i sent my prof an email and he is going to send me a copy of the permits than i can show you guys they have a lot of personal info on them so i will just send them to you peter and im new here and even if this is against me it shows me you guys are active on and you guys care so thats great

Chlorophorus annularis (bamboo longhorn beetle) if can which needs lots of bamboo to successfully breed and theirs non here in Kansas

no phasmids highly stupid to bring to the main land

and some Chamaeleo jacksonii

Phelsuma madagascariensis grandis

i cant sell reptiles the permit states for those educational use only
Are you just stalling...?

nope just really bored and its cooled so no bug searching and i have lots of tortoise so it was cute to me

frey asked me to post pics when i get back(he is not attacking me like some of you) but i will do in a different site so not to start a flamewar with you guys

Funny, that tortoise clip is from PlanetXplorer, now if you check PlanetXplorer's profile, it states he's 45. Unless you went from 21 to 45 in a day then there's no way this can be you. Either way if your 21 with gray hair like the guy in this video then I don't know what to say. This is my last post here as obviously Mongo is just a joke trying to severely irritate us members, or trying to take us for fools.

I've changed my mind about this one, Mongo. My first thought was that it was a harmless act of imagination by a young kid and that no one would think of sending you any money. But in recent days, I have been seeing posts by grown ups, some experienced in raising mantids, who bought Idolomantis ooths imported from Africa, so who knows, you just might have someone send you money (I hope that your PayPal is working again, BTW! :D ), and if you accept it and fake a certificate, you would be, to the horror of you and your rents, in trouble with the feds. If you intended this as a prank or simply a tall tale, it would be a good idea to let us in on the joke before it goes any further.

@Myrmecologist Obviously, you are one of those seriously bright kids. Good.
it is

Cute tortoise video, I had a California desert tortoise that would come out of her box almost anytime she knew someone was around, even frightening a couple of guests. :lol: She would come out and bite our toes even when she was well fed. Still, the video belongs in the Vertebrates section of the forums.

why dont you advertise what you have for sale AFTER you come back from hawaii :clap:

Just a quick note to say I appreciate your attitude in response to my post, Mongoslade2110. I look forward to seeing your information. In any case, have a nice trip. When I came back from Maui a few years ago, I had some seeds in a transparent external pocket of my carry-on bag. The customs folks told me that I could take seeds out, but not bring them IN to Hawaii. I have two happy plants to this day!

One other note: If your professor's name is on the permit form, he may be concerned to know that you plan to distribute regulated species across the country to people that do not have permits. It's not just a question of your credibility over the permits, but what you do with the species. Of course, I know a member or two who ships various things around the country, but your entire post is unusual. I know a lot of people with permits for phasmids, to use the familiar example, but it's really the institutions they work with that hold the permits. These people don't compromise their status with the zoos and universities (and law enforcement), however, by distributing stock to non-permit-holding individuals, let alone advertise it on a public forum, let alone prior to having the species, let alone prior to taking the trip. Of course, having access to a permit is a good first step, and I'm not convinced you don't have some sort of plan in place for this first step since you've gone to such effective lengths to explain yourself.

My advice to you is to protect your reputation by providing this information to me, but retract your offer to offer regulated species to non-permit-holding hobbyists in your professor's name.