going to hawaii want some mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without a mama, thats where! :tt2:

It would be like living in Neverland here with all you young uns running around here with no supervision! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Nonsense, Rebecca! Apologize for what? One member, as I mentioned yesterday, was called a liar, and a scammer on this forum even though a number of us were reporting that she was sending goods as specified. I don't remember you asking for an apology for her; certainly she never got one, and those statements were left on her thread.

Rich? My granddaughter Sunny is as wealthy as she is lovely, but that doesn't make her a grown up! Her mom opened a paypal account using an Email addy created for/by Sunnyand her own surety, when Sunny was twelve, and when we wanted to get her something without her mom knowing, she used one of my accounts!.

The spelling and high voice were cited by some, not as detrimental characteristics but as evidence of youth (though some of us remain bad spellers in our dotage, don't we! :lol: ). Surely youth is not a bad thing. My concern, and I don't try to speak for others, is that posts in the "for sale" section don't give me misleading information. Mongo, bless his heart, has still failed to show that he is a "legal entomologist with a certificate" largely because there is no such thing. He has also represented cave or camel crickets as being "rare"; they are not. Personally, I would hope that these are the innocent excesses of extreme youth rather than the fabrications of a university graduate student (what university was that again? Undergrads don't claim to be entomologists, legal or otherwise!) about to enter flight school!

Mongo. For what it's worth, I think that you are a good kid and I don't care about your spelling, tall stories or anything else, but as I said above, be careful about not giving wrong information when you try to sell us stuff! :D
not rare hard to breed

Undergrads don't claim to be entomologists, legal or otherwise!
I disagree.

I disagree humorously, and will state that maybe you've been out of academia for too long if you don't know that undergrads will claim just about anything.

I disagree factually though. Even though our school does not have an entomology undergrad degree (yet we have a grad program for it...) we have one (one) undergrad who can properly be called an entomologist (most of the kids in the Ent classes are Hort kids or something). But this one kid is legit. He's not on par with the Profs of course, but he counts.

None of this has anything to do with the thread. Just ribbing Phil.