How to breed house flies: need help!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what the mutation process is...!?
I'm not certain, but through enough breeding, mutations will appear and if you selectively breed the mutated ones (only keeping flies with the mutation) you will have flightless flies. They may have used radiation, but I don't think that was the case with curly wings

I got mine here but they only ship them seasonally. I may have to only breed them seasonally, too, as my cultures are suffering since winter started setting in here. 

Yeah. I will try to get some cream tho. We are going to town so hopefully... 

We still eat honey tho.

This is kinda challenging because I am having some die and quite a few escapees..uhhh.. Oh well. Part of it😄

Good idea!

My family is making a joke about "how we ordered fly eggs!! And we allowed it!" 

There actually was an escape hole in my lid (OOPS) that I didn't know about. Moral: be more careful.

The breeding really isn't working too well and it's okay because Arrow eats so many that they will be gone eventually anyway. Thanks for sending to me @mantisloverguy6000 because if you hadn't I would have been out of feeders.

Unfortunately as much as I love Mantids I may have to get out of the hobby till summertime! My parents don't want me buying anymore mantid stuff including feeders so I may just have to find all my friends new homes.... I am so sad.... oh well. I will see if it actually comes about..

Good idea!

My family is making a joke about "how we ordered fly eggs!! And we allowed it!" 

There actually was an escape hole in my lid (OOPS) that I didn't know about. Moral: be more careful.

The breeding really isn't working too well and it's okay because Arrow eats so many that they will be gone eventually anyway. Thanks for sending to me @mantisloverguy6000 because if you hadn't I would have been out of feeders.

Unfortunately as much as I love Mantids I may have to get out of the hobby till summertime! My parents don't want me buying anymore mantid stuff including feeders so I may just have to find all my friends new homes.... I am so sad.... oh well. I will see if it actually comes about..
the flies need to be 4 or 5 days old to breed

im giving mine cream now as a protein suppliment

They are breeding now but they all escaped! Like 40 are in the house and family is going wild. Its not anybody but my own fault tho! I should have checked for holes...duhhh!

Mantids are having a fly feast!

Latest posts