HOW'S THE WEATHER WHERE YOU ARE?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next week it is going to freeze in my country, brrr Cold
This weekend, we were supposed to get a major snow storm with vicious winds generating windchill temperatures of -25°C and colder.

Seems the heavy snowfall is tracking ~100km+ south of us, across NY state instead. All we're getting is the super cold temps and strong winds. We expect no more than 6-8cm of snow.

Hope it stays like that, or even comes across milder. Thats unlikely though.

That is very cold. Totally not nice. :eek:
Right? 😣  RealFeel is windchill temperature.

weather.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. -31°C with the windchill on Georgian Bay near Penetanguishene, ON. That's -24°F.

We stayed up here, visiting my mother-in-law.

Very cold!

Brr! We were supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow here. It turned into rain, so a yucky day!

- MantisGirl13

We had a winter storm warning last night to this am with ice and snow. Roads are okay tho as far as I can tell. Hopefully I can still pick up my bearded dragon today without wrecking, haha.

It's going to be 9 deg F tonight and it's so cold that I can barely take it anymore 😭 (I really don't like winter and am counting the days until spring). I think if I lived in SoCal or Florida I'll be a lot happier.

It's going to be 9 deg F tonight and it's so cold that I can barely take it anymore 😭 (I really don't like winter and am counting the days until spring). I think if I lived in SoCal or Florida I'll be a lot happier.
Oh pumpkin 🤪

Im in the greater Toronto area. Temps shown here are in °F...

Screenshot_20190121-011441_AccuWeather.jpg

6 degrees tonight! I am TIRED of winter!!!!! I also can't wait until spring and summer!!

- MantisGirl13

Lots of snow fell overnight.

It's going to be above freezing today so the roads will be a mess.

At least we're out of the super cold system we were in.

Forecast for tomorrow: 52 degrees and a good chance of Texas unicorns and a G. amoena ooth! 

- MantisGirl13

Forecast for tomorrow: 52 degrees and a good chance of Texas unicorns and a G. amoena ooth! 

- MantisGirl13
🤣 I love this!

I was offered G. Amoena ooths but declined. Too tiny for me rn.

I will have a pair of orchid nymphs. Hope it's sooner than later.

Soon it'll be too cold to joke about the weather.

🤣 I love this!

I was offered G. Amoena ooths but declined. Too tiny for me rn.

I will have a pair of orchid nymphs. Hope it's sooner than later.

Soon it'll be too cold to joke about the weather.
Me too! I am looking forward to seeing the new hatchlings when it hatches! 

Are you getting orchids for sure, or is that just a plan?

I know, right?! I can't believe it is going to be 50 degrees tomorrow! Perfect weather for shipping mantids. Then it goes back to 30 and below :(  

- MantisGirl13

@MantisGirl13 My guy is buying two L3 nymphs and a mated female.

He'll sell me the 2 nymphs (dont know the gender) and he keeps the mated female. Im good with that. There's an option to buy an ooth from the female if/when available and/or more nymphs.

Im trying to figure out if I want a couple more of another sp.

The G. gongylodes would be nice.

P. illudens as well.

@MantisGirl13 My guy is buying two L3 nymphs and a mated female.

He'll sell me the 2 nymphs (dont know the gender) and he keeps the mated female. Im good with that. There's an option to buy an ooth from the female if/when available and/or more nymphs.

Im trying to figure out if I want a couple more of another sp.

The G. gongylodes would be nice.

P. illudens as well.
Awesome! 

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts